MP4 for ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Beomagi, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Beomagi
    OP

Beomagi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2007
    United States
    I have the playyan micro, which is great for mp4. I pretty much drag all my recordings to super (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html - no this aint' an ad, it's just the easiest thing i've used, though sound sometimes screws up) let it encode, and in the morning I've got well, whatever. I tried another device before that ran moonshell, and I really thought It sucked. the idea was nice, but the dpg file compression was nowhere near xvid/divx/mp4 in quality/size.

Play yan got me that, but even the micro looks a little bulky on a ds lite. I don't think there's a play yan lite, really. Is there a device for the nds that can play mp4 (or similar class) video? Any way to use the full ds screen?

I'm getting an r4ds in the mail. If I can use that all the better.

Thanks!

2. darksavior

darksavior GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2006
    United States
    Sorry. There's only Moonshell to play dpg videos with. Keep in mind NO software-based player can reach the quality of the Play Yan. Too bad for Nintendo, It looked interesting and a shame it never hit the states. Personally speaking..i got spoiled with the psp's video capability heh.

3. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    If they made the Play-Yan fit flush in a GBA slot(make it use micro sd cards not SD cards) I would buy it if i didnt already have a G6 coming in the mail

4. chuckstudios

chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

Jul 19, 2006
    United States
    North Carolina, USA

Well, you can use DSM to get good quality, but it's rape to your memory cards - almost a gigabyte for a half an hour show.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice