Homebrew .mp3 voice recorder

sudosniper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've looked every where for something that will let me recorder a mp3 on ds. I really need one since school is starting soon. So if anyone knows of something that will do this please tell me
bow.gif
thanks in advance

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I heard there was a voice recorder application somewhere...I thought it was DSOrganize.

Don't know for sure though.

But I too would love an application like this. Could be very useful for school. Just start up the application and put it on your desk and video tape the teachers notes.

Anyone up for the challenge to create it?

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Hmm...I heard there was a voice recorder application somewhere...I thought it was DSOrganize.

But I too would love an application like this. Could be very useful for school. Just start up the application and put it on your desk and video tape the teachers notes.

DSOrganize could record to a .wav file. I believe the way you did it was create a file, make the extension .wav, then open it in DSO and record. I might be wrong on the instructions, haven't used my DS for a long time.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
Brian117 said:

DSOrganize could record to a .wav file. I believe the way you did it was create a file, make the extension .wav, then open it in DSO and record. I might be wrong on the instructions, haven't used my DS for a long time.
Correct
however I doubt the mic would pick up the teacher from wherever they are and the quality is bad.
it's the ds mic, don't expect results.
i'd suggest this or similar
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/9e59/

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wasn't expecting to pay for something that can be made for free. And the homebrewer can just add a Mic sensitivity level. 1-10 possibly. But ah well. There isn't one out. Only time will tell.

sudosniper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PaperPlane said:
About paying for something you can have free, it's really all about quality.
The quality thing is not really my issue as long as a can understand it it's ok. But price is an issue because 1 i dont have a job and 2 i need it relatively soon.
but thanks for the DsOrganize idea i will try that out

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get a recorder the DS isn't designed to do this kind of stuff, so yeah it's going to be hard...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recording lectures using the DS' mic is a terrible idea. If she's more than a few feet away you will pick up virtually nothing.

If you want to do it, you'll need to buy a dedicated recorder.

sudosniper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Terrible idea. Here's the only successful recording I was ever able to make with DSOrganize - http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/DSO.WAV

Terrible quality, and that was with the speaker about a foot away from the mic.

Subsequent attempts to make a recording caused DSOrganize to freeze entirely and trash my filesystem.
It sounded like you recorded that file in a very public very LOUD place.I've done some quality and distance tests and it should be okay from where I'm sitting in the classroom. Thank you all for youre opinion but until i get some cash or get my old mp3 player working i think this is what im going to be using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1