Dirtie

:'D
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I finally just bought an iPod, and now I feel like cleaning up (retagging) all my single MP3 files just so everything is more organized.

Basically, I'm looking for a tagging app that is ideal for a folder full of a random mix of single songs, and it must be able to retrieve song data from the net. I don't want it to be completely automated though, being able to browse through online "matches" or whatever until I find the right one is pretty much a necessary feature.

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tag and Rename has some nice features once you get it figured out.

Reasons I like it:
-get tags from file names since I used to manage mp3's that way but it can be a little tricky if you don't know what you're looking at.
-switch between regular explorer-type view to seeing and manipulating whole folder trees.
-edit tags for selections (handy for getting artist, album and genre exactly the same).

That's what I use, but I haven't really shopped around.

Dirtie

:'D
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll be sure to take a look.

Another question: what do the majority of people use to convert videos (say xvid) into iPod format?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Tag and Rename has some nice features once you get it figured out.

Reasons I like it:
-get tags from file names since I used to manage mp3's that way but it can be a little tricky if you don't know what you're looking at.
-switch between regular explorer-type view to seeing and manipulating whole folder trees.
-edit tags for selections (handy for getting artist, album and genre exactly the same).

That's what I use, but I haven't really shopped around.
I used this, recommended
gbasp.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...