MP3 Support Confirmed for Nintendo 3DS Sound

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's nice and all, but unfortunately the placement of the 3DS's headphone port makes it less ideal as a portable music player.
Won't go in my pocket so easily, and I'd need headphones with some of those side-ways jacks on them.

DSDisco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
Yeah SDXC support would have been a better choice. Console manufacturers seem to always be a step behind one one thing or another. lol. At least Nintendo finally puts out a new console rather than a 4th rehash of the same sh!t. My DSi is covered with a thick coat of dust. True it is far superior to the DS and DS Lite but the games essentially look the same
tongue.gif
And that DSi XL is a blunder. Too big clunky geeky looking gadget. I'll stick with the DSi and now the 3DS will be a welcome addition.

And also thank God for everything. An iPhone 4 costs $600, 3DS is only $250 and does everything and more than I would want from that overpriced Apple product. The current generation of iPod Touch is disappointing for me too because it doesn't have the aesthetics of the iPhone 4. Lame. lol. Nintendo will always win on the handheld market. The 3DS is pure absolute proof of that.

PREECH AUWN, BRUTHA, PREECH AUWN!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh. I do not want an all-in-one device. Focus on the games, Nintendo. GAMES. The iPod does music very well and shitty games okay. GAMES. Not music.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
jesterscourt said:
Argh. I do not want an all-in-one device. Focus on the games, Nintendo. GAMES. The iPod does music very well and shitty games okay. GAMES. Not music.
Have you been missing out on how much emphasis Nintendo has been putting on the 3DS's upcoming library, with first-party and third-party support for a change?

If you call a line-up that boasts Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart as upcoming first-parties, and Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Saints Row even, a lack of focus on games, I don't know what you're smoking.

Obviously Nintendo wants to have the 3DS to be a multi-media device, because that's what the latest trends are like. The PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles have both gone on to being home theater machines as well. The PSP support for some movies, and music playback; as well as the iPod Touch's music playback standard with some cheap, but addictive, apps are signs of the mainstream moving on to getting the latest, and greatest, multi-media device. The 3DS can play 3D movies. It plays games. All it needed was music support that worked, and that's with MP3 support. It's just part of Nintendo's strategy to push the 3DS to its fullest potential.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Well by that logic, they shouldn't make consoles at all! If one 3DS costs $200 to make (numbers pulled out of ass), that's $200 X roughly 2,000,000 units per region, that's a total of such a LOT of money, it makes your lot of money look miniscule in comparison. Initial investments are huge, they wouldn't even notice the extra $0.75 per unit. And besides, they could just charge an extra $1 per unit, and come out ahead
nyanya.gif

I'm so glad you posted this, I was going to super face palm if no one else posted this.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is good
dsi sound was annoying
hardware decoder means it might sound better and it cant be removed unless ninty is stupid and removes the software part
only 2 things could make this better
a graphical equ and better speakers

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess this is good.

I converted all my music to MPEG-4 and I guess it sounds a little better. But now that I got a car, my Audi's screen thing takes SD cards and doesn't read AAC, so I'm converting back to MP3...

I won't be using my 3DS for music though. I have my Blackberry for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE