iritegood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have a good MP3 player they'd recommend?

Points to consider:
QUOTE said:
-Good quality (no chinese clones)
-Other format support (FLAC, ogg, etc.), it's not that important but would be nice
-Price. I'm not going to pay $70 for a 1GB mp3 player with no screen
-iPods - if there's a nice deal, then by all means - point me in the right direction. But consider ^
-Ease of use. If the player has to use proprietary software, please mention that

grog.gif
Thanks in advance.

Sailor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I did some snooping around for you, and found an Mp4 [dunno what's the difference] player, at a cheap price and has a big screen. In fact, I'm considering asking for it for my birthday next month.

Here it is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16855102033

Comes out to $100 after rebates..and it's Creative! Great Mp3 Player's from them, I've heard.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
iPod Classic or Video -

Easy to use clickwheel.
Simple, sleek interface (plus coverflow is nice)
830 to 160gb harddrive built-in for portable storage
Plays Music! (and videos...)

iritegood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The meizu and the creative zen look nice, but I'm thinking about getting a hard-drive player now. Flash has its advantages but hard-drives still win the price:size ratio.

Are there any good hard-drive based players other then the zune and ipod? Anybody have a good experience with a zune?

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
ipod classic is extreamly cheap for an 80 gig player. It also has high compatiblility. However, the sound quality sucks and the interface is a little slow. Although it is better than most mp3 players I used before, the built quality is still not as high as Sony. If you are looking for something with solid build quality and amazing sound quality, then Sony is the way to go, however it has crappy software.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The meizu and the creative zen look nice, but I'm thinking about getting a hard-drive player now. Flash has its advantages but hard-drives still win the price:size ratio.

Are there any good hard-drive based players other then the zune and ipod? Anybody have a good experience with a zune?

Archos has the 605, but it's very high end. 160GB for $400

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CES is next week, might wanna see if Creative introduces something interesting (like the true successor to the Zen Vision: M... which is probably never going to happen).

I've had the Creative Zen Vision: M for almost two years now but will probably pass it on to my mom in favor of the Zune 80. 30GB isn't cutting it anymore.

I'd like to hear about Zune experiences as well. I hear talk of the software being atrocious and that the player gets album covers mixed up for no reason (as in Album A's art shows up when a song from Album B is playing).

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zune. gotta love it. Uses "Zune software" breeze to use. There is the Zune Marketplace to buy songs/movies (the equivalent of iTunes) Very smexy, 1G Zune has a good price, 2G has the touch pad which rocks the fuzzy pink socks off of the iPod clickwheel.

i got an 8GB black for Christmas and am in love with it...well not as much as my girlfriend, but it comes close.
wink.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Like JPH and Westside, I say the best priced MP3 played is the iPod Classic (80G), lots of storage and features.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think iRiver is a good choice... not that pricy, AWESOME SOUND QUALITY, not sure about other formats except mp3 and wma...
software is optional
on my model (e10) it's drag n drop with songs and video, but the only way to play those files are to "browse" to them... you need the software to create a synchronised list or something, then you can play it normally, and randomize it all and stuff... isn't that bad as it sounds
smile.gif

I must say I find it really easy to use too
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr