Hacking MP trick - turning off on 15%, what are the risks?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I downloaded the JAP brawl and I know there's the duplicate channels problem if you finish the update up to 100%,
every body told me to do the MP3 trick, means to unplug the wii from electricity, and turning it back, it will work with a BB version of brawl.

Someone told me there are no risks, that I can unplug the wii in any situation of the update, and it won't do anything, he meant like I can turn off in 50%, or in any part of the update, and it won't harm the wii.
But I still fear, and I wanna ask you guys, as someone who knows better than me on those stuff, if I turn off the wii update not in the 15%, higher or less, will it harm in any way the wii?

iby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well make sure you have the latest firmware of your region. make sure you have the latest firmware this is extermly important. if you go to high, the worst case is you will get Duplicate channels, not really a big deal, some find it annoying your system will still work. if you go to low, worst case is that you will have to repeat the 15% trick no biggie, how do you know if you went to low, the game you are trying wont work. just unplug your wii under W in POWER. you should be ok

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
my Important question is, will it be able to brick the wii in any kind of situation? if I unplug in the wrong %, or if I unplug it at all.
Oh, and if when I update the wii via internet it says it's the latest firmware, it's enough?

domislong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've done the latest Internet firmware update you will be fine.

Don't be too worried about the exact % that you pull it out on. Just make a rough estimation and it should be fine.

There is no way you can brick your Wii if you are doing nothing but unplugging it during the update.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks for that, I gonna do the 15% trick now with the DVD5 version... I don't wanna waste 2 DL DVD's.
Wish me luck.
wink.gif

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Works like a charm
smile.gif

Brawl is so good, going to buy a DL DVD tomorrow, thinking of a Taiyo Yuden or a Verbatim, but I heard problems with Verbatim. Will Taiyo Yuden work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse