gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay iv been thinking about moving to canada after i finish university here in the uk. But im stuck as to which city i should move to as i dont have alot off knowledge other than what i read on the internet. The 3 cities im intrested in are toronto montreal vancouver. i just want to know the general stuff like employment (im doing a degree in computer sciences) expense wise and general community.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would say montreal or vancouver... but if you dont like french dont come to montreal is has a bit of french since it is in quebec

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would also say vancouver too because i currently live in toronto and it is packed. My dads best friend lives in vancouver and i usually see photos that shows how vancouver is an okay place.
Montreal is also a nice city but mostly french so im not sure if you would be interested in that.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whitehorse is my suggestion.
smile.gif

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i would say wait till there is a regime-change.
frown.gif

the same goes for anybody planning a move to Australia.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I lived in Canada for a while as a kid. Prefer the UK but Canada is a pretty good country. I lived in Burlington, Ontario which is pretty near Toronto. I'd say out of those places go for Toronto.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Montreal has too many snobby French people imo, been there and will never go back. Toronto is expensive but a pretty decent city with lots to do. Vancouver is iffy, lots of drug and prostitution problems as well as many areas of poor housing. I'd say if you have a good job and can afford to live anywhere, Toronto would be ideal all around, just stay out of the Jane and Finch area of the city which is prone to gang activity.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gov78 said:
Okay iv been thinking about moving to canada after i finish university here in the uk. But im stuck as to which city i should move to as i dont have alot off knowledge other than what i read on the internet. The 3 cities im intrested in are toronto montreal vancouver. i just want to know the general stuff like employment (im doing a degree in computer sciences) expense wise and general community.

If you dont mind a loooong winter and a short summer then you need to be aware of french people there. They are not friendly and snobs. I had been there because my relative live in Montreal and my bestfriend's sister live in Toronto. Its not fun. People there are not friendly and living is very expensive and looooong winter and short summer.

D

Deleted_171835

I live in Toronto. It's a good place but I want to move out of the neighbourhood I live in. Way too many noisy immigrants.

If moving to Toronto, you should go to a good neighbourhood. Go to a bad neighbourhood and prepare for a horrible life. London, Ontario is also nice.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its not Vancouver, its Hongcouver!!!!!
laugh.gif

I dunno which though, but Hongcouver seems like a good choice, Saskatchewan is cold...( or I find it cold ) dunno about the other places though.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
None of those 3.
Toronto is terrible.
Montreal has french people (in other words, it's super terrible)
Vancouver is terrible, but the best of the 3.
I'd honestly go to Edmonton if you wanted to hit a big city.

Try find a nice smaller town. Not too small that it doesn't have anything to do, but not too big that it's riddled with drug and crime problems.

Oh, and just to reiterate.
Do NOT go to french Canada. Worst choice ever, lol.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm going to recommend Vancouver. It's a good city, if you like cities. If you don't, I would specificially recomend a charming little town just a little away from Vancouver called Ladner.

personperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna have to say Vancouver, mainly because I'm a biased British Columbia resident. I say Vancouver, but any of the neighbouring towns is just as good, Vancouver is probably just the one most would know.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vancouver sucks. High taxes, very little amount of jobs, homeless people EVERYWHERE, the lowest minimum wage in Canada, and incredibly boring to be in.

It does have a good amount of forests and lakes though. Good for nature and such things, but that's all there really is that's good about Vancouver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi