Gaming Moving to 3DS XL from Wii U

goodbytes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased my Wii U in September 2014 as I had some spare birthday money and wanted to be prepared for the soon to be released Zelda game... Almost 2 years later I am still waiting. It's not all bad, I love my Wii U, i've spent a lot of money collecting their first party titles and most of them are amazing.

I don't get much time to play with it lately as i'm regularly away from home but have held on to it because I just love that Nintendo nostalgia feeling (and waiting for Zelda)... it's just something I love to own, i've always had a soft spot for Nintendo.

That being said, i'm becoming more and more aware of the fact I am just not using it to it's full potential so i've had the thought of moving over to 3DS.. the latest XL versions look great and with it being portable I can take it with me and will most certainly use it more.

I've stopped caring about Zelda, it's highly likely it's going to come around the release of the NX, so either a launch game, or at least compatible with a dumbed down Wii U version.

I don't really want to part with the Wii U, but would never spend the money on an XL outright as I don't game enough at all to justify owning both consoles, so it would need to go to fund the new purchase.

I haven't used a DS since the first Nintendo DSi and one thing that puts me off is the jaggedy edges / no antialising on games. I'm assuming it's still the same??... on the other hand I am looking at the titles available and there is so many i'd love to play.

It's a tough decision. I'd love to hear from someone else who switched to the handheld from the Wii U? Did you regret it?

Last edited by goodbytes,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them