Hacking Question Moving SD Card from 8.1.0 Switch to 9.0.1 (CFW)

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
I bought almost a month ago a NSW for little money, since it was scratched all over.
I just wanted to see what where the capabilities of the console, and was not disappointed.
I managed to get another NSW used but without scratches and want to move all my stuff to that one.

At the moment, as far as I know, I'm using ReiNX 2.4 on the old one, since it has FW 8.1.0.
The new one has FW 9.0.1, and there is no ReiNX for that (I should use Hekate instead, I guess)

My question is:
Since I have a 256GB SDCard full of games and stuff, can I simply change the payload on the SDCard/Tegra and move the card from the old Switch to the new one without losing my contents?

Thanks

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe because you put in on there? Your new console is on 9.0.1 correct? Switch the cfw from reinx to kosmos. Can be found here.

Googling (?) around I found this: RetroReloaded v3.50
Could this solve my problem?
It should contain different bootloaders, so I can use the SDCard on both eventually

BaamAlex

Rülpsen ist Alpha
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe because you put in on there? Your new console is on 9.0.1 correct? Switch the cfw from reinx to kosmos. Can be found here.
Dude...look my post above. There is one custom bootloader called hekate. Thats all what you need. And the kosmos package boots (depends on your enabled options) automatically a cfw like atmosphère.

Reactions: Sergi8

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a problem
When using the SDCard on my new Switch, it says something about being linked with another Nintendo Switch, so it will be formatted.
Can I prevent this somehow?

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay
I've also noticed that one screen has cold colors, the other one has warm colors.
Is this linked to the panel type or settings?

The "old" one is a XAJ70004
The "new" one is a XAJ70032

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand...
Nevermind
Read online that new revisions of the Switch have warmer colors
Since I do prefer cold ones, I'll stick with the old Switch and sell the new
I thought maybe there's some tool in the scene that can change screen calibration, idk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    susbaconhairman @ susbaconhairman: what