Hacking Moving saved games from old 3DS XL to NEW 3DS (Gateway)

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

I'm half way through zelda and I don't want to lose my save when I sell my 3ds xl and replace it with N3DS. Same thing with mario land 3d. How do I export my game save from my 3DS (which is 4.5 and uses gateway) to my N3DS? I'm aware gateway doesn't support new yet, but hopefully that changes soon so want to know in prep.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well just system transfer if you have the eshop game there is no other way.
Or if you got Gateway you can just transfer the savegames.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By default the saves should be on the SD card in your 3DS. Just copy the files over to the micro sd card on the N3DS and they should work. Please note that since you console is on 4.5 new games that use the new encryption like pokemon....you will not be able carry their saves.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you'd need to do a system trasnfer to the new 3ds which would force update to 9.5. You'd have to wait for the new 3ds gateway firmware to come around to be able to transfer everything over. Unless I'm wrong somewhere. Pretty sure the save files need a system transfer to be readable on the second device.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys but seem like I'm getting mixed responses. Forget system transfer, I believe there is a way to transfer the games from card to microsd. One of the posters mention this. For those successful, please provide me w/instructions on how to do this. Only ones I need to transfer are LOZ LBTW and Mario land 3d

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TC

You are using GW correct? In that case the saves for 90% of games save to the SD card...ONLY card2 games save to the rom itself. Both games you mention save to the SD card. However I THINK ALBW uses a more advance encryption and will NOT work once you transfer over.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are running off the Gateway cart, just transfer the .sav's off your SD card. If they are .cia, just use SaveDataFiler to export them. http://3ds.essh.co/ can tell you the titleid, and from there you're looking for the lower half of that as the ID in SaveDataFiler. Once you get all your saves decrypted, you can just copy+pasta them over to your New 3DS SD card and restore them. If you have Pokemon, Smash, or Animal Crossing in .cia form though, you'll have to get around the save protection.

For LBW though, if it's on Gateway you'll have to use this thread to grab your decrypted save and then restore it the same way on N3DS.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys - I do have it via GW so it must be on my SD card. Sucks that for zelda I need to go through all of that but I can't lose my save. almost beat it.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw - I'm losing patience with GW and might by sky3ds. Will this cause the answer you provided to change?

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, for the new 3ds the best you can do is call nintendo to transfer purchases to the new device and redownload whenever gateway released the update. Only way to salvage your save files now is to do a full update on the new 3ds. If you get a sky it'll be to play all games from scratch until gateway updates.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sky3DS Card1 save isn't compatible with ALL flashcart saves & retail cart saves.
It's OK to import Card2 save into Sky3DS but the method is ultra complicated.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,

I'm half way through zelda and I don't want to lose my save when I sell my 3ds xl and replace it with N3DS. Same thing with mario land 3d. How do I export my game save from my 3DS (which is 4.5 and uses gateway) to my N3DS? I'm aware gateway doesn't support new yet, but hopefully that changes soon so want to know in prep.
You could export the save with savedatafiler and then install the cia in the new Nintendo 3ds, I sold my old xl and it had a lot of legit games from the eshop and now I have the saves back in my xl gateway without any problems at all

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There needs to be surefire way with sky3ds and so far that hasn't been a response that I've seen that doesn't use GW to acquire that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China