Gaming Moving profile to and from JTAG XBOX.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use to following scenario:

Copy profile from non-hacked XBOX to USB drive, then to JTAG XBOX.
Play games, collect gamerscore/achievements and saves.
Copy the profile back to the non-hacked XBOX so that my score/achievements are updated online.

I want to use the same profile to play games on my JTAG, but also copy to a stock 360 and play online games which I own.

Has anyone been doing this?

Is this safe (well as far as we know)?

On a side note, I've taken a corrupt profile (due to playing on a banned console) and uncorrupted it and played it online after and it seemed fine.
Not exactly related but though I'd throw that in there.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*insert usual grumble of pah achievements*

You can do that, assuming you are using freeboot 0.30 or later (one based on the 9199 kernel) then it might be easier to stick the profile and saves on a memory card or USB drive the "proper" way and load the games up on each of those. It saves having to mess with data transfer as well.

Still if you want to grab things /partition3/content//// is where saves are found (if using xexmenu partition3 = HDD1, the one where you put your GOD installs, XBLA and the like). It is probably easier to do this than it is to fiddle with the data manually. Pretty much the same idea if you want to use XTAF to edit the USB drive.

Safe- profile editing will attract attention. Game playing not so much.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever heard of someone getting banned for downloading a save?
A non-edited save that is.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's what I do:

Connect the HDD/ Memory stick to the JTAG and use FTP to backup the contents of the profile directory. Then goto NXE, goto to the memory settings and use the transfer option to transfer them to another device.

The saves/ profile will now be missing from the original HDD/ Memory stick, so FTP them back from your PC. It's the easiest way of doing it, saves messing around with resigning the saves etc.

If your non-jtag is an Arcade with built in memory, do the reverse. Transfer the saves/ profile from the internal memory to a USB device, backup the profile directory of the USB stick to your PC using FTP, transfer the saves/ profile back to the original arcade, then FTP them back to the USB stick from your PC.

Is It safe to use a profile from a JTAG on a console which goes online? no. If you launch a xex file directly through a file browser, it's known to be noted in the profile. Apparently it's safer if you use GOD installs, but having FSD2 on your list of recently played games might be a bit of a give away to MS.

If you only use NXE, GOD games you'll probably be fine.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see. On the JTAG, I plan to play backups, XBLA games, pretty much everything.
But through the XBOX Dashboard, not something like XeXMenu. For that, I'd take the profile off first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: