Moving Pokemon from pkm to Gen6 Issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by quantumboy, Jun 9, 2014.

1. quantumboy
    OP

quantumboy Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    Even though the ds wifi is gone, people with ability to move saves from computer to retail carts can still get pkm files from pokedit, pokecheck, etc on to your 6th gen games. My probelm now is I used pokecheck legality checker on gen'd pokemon to debug issues I had when I created them, but with pokecheck down (for god knows how long) I have a really trail and error way of getting my pokemon into the game.

DOES ANY ONE HAVE a program website, or literally anything, hell even a wiki page explaining how to check every byte offset or something to check pkm files for legality and such things that pokecheck.org used to do.

2. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Well, you can always use the Gen 5 Pokedex on Serebii to pull up accurate move lists. The biggest downfall that people do is that they chose wrong moves that are impossible to get on a pokemon with a certain ability. For example, there have been many users who try to put a gen 3 move tutor move on a HA pokemon. HA's were not introduced until gen 4. Bank will reject this every time.

The other that cause trouble are cherish and dream balls (especially dream balls.) These were Nintendo sourced Pokemon and seem to have the tightest restrictions when it comes to moves, abilities, and genders at times. For example, the HA starters released in DW balls were all male. As a result, Bank rejects all female DW HA starters from those series. Bank does not seem to be anywhere near as picky when it comes to Apricorn balls though.

I got several things that Pokecheck said was illegal through Bank because I made careful decisions when hacking. If you just pay attention to small things like this, you can get almost anything through.

3. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    1) encounter them legit
    2) don't be stupid when 'creating' them.

There is no 'hold my hand guide', it's not rocket science.

Ammako likes this.
  4. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    Use Pokegen. The Pokemon has to be caught in a valid location, valid pid with the IVs, valid ability, valid moves. I know with pokegen, you can create a valid pid. For valid moves, use gen 5 on serebii for the moves.

It's not hard to create a valid pokegen Pokemon as long you know what are you doing.

5. quantumboy
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    the hardest probelm for me is getting pokemon with the right pid to match ability and nature , and sometimes getting valid gba id, I am not sure how much the legality checker checks on when using transporter, but I sometimes have minnro issue with simingly legit pokemon

6. jm_plata

jm_plata Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Mexico
    Pokecheck was not perfect had many failures to check pokemon. There is a program called PikaEdit which has almost the same functions as the pokecheck just google it.

7. quantumboy
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    This should work great