Hardware moving game data from internal to micro SD ?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
is this possible yet ?
i was just wondering, since i so far have like 3 games downloaded from the eshop and some more stuff/demos etc. and over 70% of my internal Storage is taken.

and i was wondering whether it is as easy as it is on the wii u from moving game data to external hdd.

so can we do this by now? like lets say i buy myself a 256gb mSD later on , could i then simply move them over, or would i have to delete/then redownload them and choose to save it on mSD?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way its setup is you will have to delete and reinstall them on the new external card.

Its a bit dumb but thats just how nintendo set it up.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The way its setup is you will have to delete and reinstall them on the new external card.

Its a bit dumb but thats just how nintendo set it up.
damn, wish they changed that.

oh well, lets say if i deleted the game, the save data is stored separately right? i leave the save data untouched then?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
damn, wish they changed that.

oh well, lets say if i deleted the game, the save data is stored separately right? i leave the save data untouched then?
They will probably change it, the OS still seems rather barebones.
I don't see it as a big deal though, because you can always choose new games to the SD card, so the internal storage filling up isn't really an issue.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
They will probably change it, the OS still seems rather barebones.
I don't see it as a big deal though, because you can always choose new games to the SD card, so the internal storage filling up isn't really an issue.

yes exactly , i agree with you.
that is also my plan, i will only then get a big mSD once the internal storage of my switch fills up to 80% or so, i do not ever fill up my (may it be an hdd/console or whatever to fill up to 95%) basically i do not leave it to reach a red mark because i am OCD xD.

so yeah, i think i will not have a problem since you can then just have it install games on mSD once you need to.

and i also agree on the os , it surely is missing quite alot i'd say.
one thing that is alot, is the interface , i mean even the WiiU's looks much more spacious and you can edit the tiles/create folders and so on.

i'd love to zoom out the switch interface, and also an option to power off the system through the quick settings would be very appreciated because the power button on my switch feels very inward? i do not how to say it, but it basically does not feel the least bit clicky , so it'd save the pressing power button too much i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs