Hacking Question Moving from sxos to atmosphere Help Required

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone if i have a switch currently on sxos and decide to move to Atmopshere do i just add atmopshere files to sd card, boot using hekate (is there a way to boot directly into atmopshere?).
I know i need to add sig patches.
I currently use auto rcm.
Do i then use daybreak to update system firware to the latest?
Thanks

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone if i have a switch currently on sxos and decide to move to Atmopshere do i just add atmopshere files to sd card, boot using hekate (is there a way to boot directly into atmopshere?).
I know i need to add sig patches.
I currently use auto rcm.
Do i then use daybreak to update system firware to the latest?
Thanks

https://rentry.co/mys8q

Reactions: shanefromoz

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great guide....the only mystery is why they suggest you keep liscense.dat. What other use could it possibly have?
You keep it b/c that license.dat only works for your switch. Its an activator towards using sxos's features. Ofc you could always use the cracked one, but the official license is better plus you wont be able to get 1 from the sxos server

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone.
I was under the impression i could just add atmosphere files to sd card, add sig patches.
I would then boot using hekate but im unsure if all my current games and saves will still work fine.
I would then use daybreak to update to latest system firmware
I do not have emunand and previously updated system nand using choid

Last edited by shanefromoz,
Reactions: Shadow#1

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone.
I was under the impression i could just add atmosphere files to sd card, add sig patches.
I would then boot using hekate but im unsure if all my current games and saves will still work fine.
I would then use daybreak to update to latest system firmware
I do not have emunand and previously updated system nand using choid
I don't see any reason why your games and saves wouldn't work just fine if you switched from using SX OS to Atmosphere.

Reactions: shanefromoz

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I would just use Deepsea, it's save some manual labor. I tried to do everything by myself, but deepsea worked better.

https://github.com/Team-Neptune/DeepSea/releases

YOu still gonna need to manually edit an .ini file, tho. Like in this post. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinfoil-12-10-now-compatible-with-hekate.591304/page-3#post-9528327

You can put payload fusee-primary to booloader/payload to boot into atm without hekate, or use same payload with tegra smash injecting. You don't really need to actively use hekate, it's more like bios menu on your pc. It does exist, but you don't really need it most of the time.

Further use 'all-in-one updater' to keep fresh your FW, cheats, sigpathces, hekate, atmosphere and deepsea.

Last edited by Reploid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.