Homebrew Question Moving from SXOS to Atmosphere, got a couple of noob questions.

Aphiliate313

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so after recent events regarding SXOS I have decided to commit to a full crossover to Atmosphere. I have a general understanding of mostly everything at this point so the SD card preparation went smoothly. Only thing is, obviously, some things look and feel different than what I'm used to. Hopefully my questions are no-brainers to you guys, but I'd like to learn a little bit more about the tedious things and some of the homebrew/internet settings that I've never had to use before until now (Goldleaf, exosphere, etc.)

- Goldleaf is not opening for me. When I click on it in the hbmenu, it cuts to a black screen for about 2 seconds, and then redirects me right back to the hbmenu. When I first clicked on it, it cut to black and redirected me back to the menu, but there was a file directory created. Goldleaf is just an .nro file correct? Are any other files needed to properly open Goldleaf besides putting the .nro in the switch folder?

- Why are file directory icons being created in the hbmenu whenever I open a homebrew for the first time? Is there any way to hide them? I can't be the only one that is bothered by it from an aesthetic standpoint. Could I possibly place those created directories elsewhere on the SD card so they disappear from the hbmenu without losing functionality?

- One of the key selling points to me when originally choosing SXOS over Atmosphere when I first got into this was Stealth Mode with SXOS. It allowed me to connect locally, use the YouTube NSP, and automatically blocked any accidental attempt to connect to Nintendo servers. Will the exosphere.ini give me similar results? Any differences between the 2?

- I have an RCMLoader for payloads and I replaced the stock Atmosphere payload that came with the loader to the latest Hetake release. In Hetake, when I click 'Launch', it tells me that it cant find anything to launch. I have to click 'Payloads' and select fusee-primary from there to launch my Atmosphere emuMMC. Any way to get my emuMMC to show up in the Launch section?

Thank you in advance

Aphiliate313

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump

I solved every question I had except the first one. I cannot figure out why Goldleaf keeps force closing on me the second I try opening it. All of my other homebrew works perfectly fine. Any little bit of knowledge you may have on this one issue would be greatly appreciated.

0.17.1 emuMMC
Hetake 5.5.3
Goldleaf 0.8

Aphiliate313

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gold lead doesn't work on 11.01 find the secret dev build or go back in time and don't update for no reson next time

dang yeah i guess i jumped the gun on that, I'll downgrade to the appropriate fw. Didn't even think about checking on that. Thanks for letting me know

Go Lions btw

Reactions: nicoDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: