Moving from R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe to GATEWAY...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Future7187, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Future7187
    OP

Future7187 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Hi there! I have a question, regarding the transition from the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe flashcart to the Gateway.
    Since I've been using the R4i, do I have to perform some kind of cleaning up/uninstall/factory defaults for my 3DS before I start using the Gateway?
    Thank you!

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I don't believe so, it should just work fine... If you're on 9.2 or below, you should have a clear downgrade path to 4.5, unless you're already on 4.5 :)

3. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    nope , just change launchers , put on the new red cart with its microsd full of games and you're good to go ! ( it will probably ask you once to fpga update the gateway card) , of course you will probably want to do emunand first so backup all your sd card and stuff

4. Future7187
    OP

Future7187 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Yay, that's really good news! Thanks, I got really frustrated since I figured the R4i is worthless for new games... It should be pulled from the market. I think someone should make a thread "DO NOT BUY R4i 3DS PRODUCTS!"

5. andre104623

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Now hold on a minute. The R4i ds mode card is one of the best ds flashkits I've ever used besides 2i

6. andre104623

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Also the r4i ds mode works all the way up to 9.5 without updating. But I did have the 3ds mode card as well and let's just say I'm short one 3ds xl today because of it.

It wouldn't matter if you did make a topic on not buying them. They haven't been made in 6 month and most resalers know there a problem they stopped selling them after the bricking problem

7. Future7187
    OP

Future7187 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Yes, the R4i DS cart is the best, worked flawlessly since I bought it. Sadly, it's a completely different story with the 3DS cart. I am sorry to offend R4i 3DS starter cart, but it's a cheap and bad Gateway clone, whitch I won't recomend to anybody.