Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it.
And THIS is one of the top selling phones?
I think all the BB owners just haven't held an iPhone.
My iPhone's at the apple store getting its screen and housing repaired. (wonderful sister and maid smashed it)
Anyways, I'm just gonna do a quick comparison between the two:
iPhone:
- Most responsive touch screen I've ever seen
- Excellent neat GUI
- Loads of convenient apps, whether they're for entertainment or not
- Listening to music is really neat on the iPhone, and browsing between songs is easy
- Huge screen, but no keyboard
- It's a very luxurious device. Very neat and "shiny".

BlackBerry:
- Best keyboard I've ever tried
- BlackBerry messenger
- Internet browsing goes smoothly and easily, and it's a great phone for emailing and taking care of business and whatnot

My solution? I think I'm gonna get myself a big, bulky case with an attached keyboard (to my iPhone), and I'll wait for iOS 5 when we'll have iMessage (BBM copy)

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
prowler_ said:
iPhone sucks hard so does BB and Android is a mess.
Agreed, Symbian is the way forward
rolleyes.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate BB keyboards. I have a phone with a QWERTY keyboard that's laid out a lot more nicely than that (phone's rubbish mind). Vertical QWERTY keyboards are far too cramped even for my small hands, it needs to be a landscape one with a slider to get decent spacing.

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shlong said:
prowler_ said:
iPhone sucks hard so does BB and Android is a mess.
Agreed, Symbian is the way forward
rolleyes.gif
What sucks about the Iphone is it's camra mostly. Sure, Iphone4 has a 5mpx camera, but it's still way under better ones (Nokia with Carl Zeiss Optics
tongue.gif
)
BB OS is a bigger mess tham Android and their cameras suck huge time. WAY sub-par ith moderate ones.
Android may be kin of a mess, but it's fast enough, thoug the camera GUI sucks more than BB's
Symbian is Slow... But better camera GUI. And lens (Go Nokia with Carl Zeiss Optics
yay.gif
)

Lucifer666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
I hate BB keyboards. I have a phone with a QWERTY keyboard that's laid out a lot more nicely than that (phone's rubbish mind). Vertical QWERTY keyboards are far too cramped even for my small hands, it needs to be a landscape one with a slider to get decent spacing.

These have the most hideous designs on the planet. The feeling is literally like holding a brick. And it's so oversized it doesn't even have the cell phone's main feature: portability.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iphone the phone itself is good but the os is just dull and boring , don't even get me on started on how shit nokia's symbian is , i would know cause i had the n97 which is meant to be their flagship phone back then and android is the only good os out there.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Darmanitan said:
Jamstruth said:

These have the most hideous designs on the planet. The feeling is literally like holding a brick. And it's so oversized it doesn't even have the cell phone's main feature: portability.
Hence the slider is needed to keep it small. If you still think its a brick/oversized then well... *looks at phone in hand* Nope, you're wrong. I'll admit its not very thin but itjust needs to be in my pocket unobtrusively and it does that just fine.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
+9001
laugh.gif

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
android is not the best os yes it might customizeability but it lacks so many apps. the iphone works so smooth with its os because both the hardware and software is developed by the same party.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If manufacturers and Google could their asses in the right place and start to make sure that all of their phones are running the most capable version of Android that they possible can in terms of hardware, THEN MAYBE more people would be willing to try Android phones. It's one of the only flaws I've seen in the Android OS; it's not as uniform as Apple's iOS when it comes to what version can be ran on the latest devices.

Android is unique because you have such a variety of options with what specs you want in your phone but if everyone isn't running the best possible version of the OS for their hardware, Apple is going to blow you out of the water every time. Granted, not every Apple products known to man is running iOS 4.3.3. Some of them don't have the hardware specs to run all of the features. However, jailbreaking usually can give them some sort of alternative to at least have some of the latest features such as folders for organizing apps. And that sort of thing can be found in Android without even rooting; manufacturers can give updates with bits and pieces of the latest OS so at least everyone can do some new things from the latest version if their hardware can't run the latest OS in its entirety.

Also random thought: Why the fuck doesn't Apple have iPod Touches display battery percentage in the top bar like iPhones? It's like 4 lines of code in their firmware to get it enabled, why not do it by default dammit.

Lucifer666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sop said:
I suggest closing this before the incoming flame war.
Your signature is giving me seizures.

I totally agree with what Hakoda said. Apple gets its own totally unique stuff and implements it in their products, but when it comes to what's really practical, they just don't take their devices to the limit. They're just like that. I always have my phone jailbroken, not just for the cracked apps or any of that crap, but for stuff apple should've done ages ago.

Today I moved back to my iPhone. The feeling was amazing. While it was gone, I was cleaning the hell out of iTunes. (Delete useless apps, organize, get neat apps, remove unwanted songs, sync photo albums, organize contacts, etc.) and when I got my phone back, I synced it, and I once again rejoiced due to the beauty and power of such a shiny product. Overpriced? Yes. Worth it? HELL YES.

wub.gif
iphoneicon.png
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse