Hacking Moving from GW to a9lh luma,questions about it!

Golbez194

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i decide to buy a big size(200gb)micro sd card,and move finally from GW to a9lh luma sysnand,without any emunands,my reasons:

1)On GW emunand not working DSiware,and those gba titles,also games like excite bike 3d.
2)Wanna make a system with one nand,without need of switching here and there
3)somehow on mine N3DS in gateway emunand not working DS mode,so not working ds flashcard,no matter how much i try to make them work(on luma emunand and sysnand everything works fine)
4)faster loadings without need of wasting time on gw logo and its loadings
5)i like cia format more than 3ds format,and i want to use cartridge slot for ds flashcard.

But i have few questions before inally moving completelly on luma sysnand.

a) All my games which i played by using gateway have my own private headers,so when i gonna convert those eur region games saves wiith those private headers,will those same eur region converted .cia saves from .3dz works on cia games? Consider those private headers i have on those .3dz games.
b) I used gw emunand for a long time and never made it non-functional(or broken nand),i did read that it's possible to break your emu/sys nands,by installing of some "broken"or whatever it's called cia apps or games...but on practice i've never heard or read that anyone broke his nand in this way by installing those broke cias...so which cias i should avoid to install? Is there a way to know is it a broken cia file or safe one to install?
с)is it safe to install custom themes by using CHMM theme installer? I mean in term of sysnand defense to not be broken.
d) i read that luma cfw have this sleep-mode protection against those new updates which system can download while keeping wifi ON,when console is closed...but today i tested that feature while in luma a9lh sysnand,turned wifi on,and closed system...and update of 11.1 notification anyway did poped up (( am i misunderstood somehow this cfw feature of how its work...or it's should be turned ON somehwere?(didn't see this option on luma 6.1.1 settings)

Thanks ))

Last edited by Golbez194,

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
-Private readers are only in the GW and Sky3DS saves. Don't need private reader to play cia.
-Don't worry about bad cias.
-I dont know
-Fw notification is normal. Install only if you want

Golbez194

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Private readers are only in the GW and Sky3DS saves. Don't need private reader to play cia.
-Don't worry about bad cias.
-I dont know
-Fw notification is normal. Install only if you want

I know that private headers not needed for cia games...i was asking will those private headers .3dz saves would be working fine when those save games will be converted to cia save game format.

i thought that luma is blocking those annoying notifications and block the nand to download update in close-sleeping mode,at least i read something like that somewhere.
Ok if not worry about bad cia's,then what else can broke a9lh sysnand? I after all everyone recommend to make a reserve copy of nand for that reason,isn't it?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just make sure your 200gb sd card is genuine, many people on here have fell for the old fake sd cards especially when buying such large sized cards, better to test when you first get it than figure out its fake a few weeks after it arrives

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know that private headers not needed for cia games...i was asking will those private headers .3dz saves would be working fine when those save games will be converted to cia save game format.

i thought that luma is blocking those annoying notifications and block the nand to download update in close-sleeping mode,at least i read something like that somewhere.
Ok if not worry about bad cia's,then what else can broke a9lh sysnand? I after all everyone recommend to make a reserve copy of nand for that reason,isn't it?
You'll to use a save manager to get your gateway saves and use them on cia games. I don't know if svdt or other save manager can do it because I don't have a GW. Maybe this guide can help you but I think it's a little bit old

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back