Hacking Moving from Atmosphere to SX OS, just had some questions

Joeli53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got Atmosphere and Goldleaf 0.5 working (I don't understand how to use Goldleaf 0.61), and was able to install NSP via a USB connection. Once my SX Pro arrives, I'll be starting over and switching over to SX OS as my primary CFW.

Is there a way to keep using Goldleaf for USB installations from my PC? Or, is the SX Installer (which I think is built-in to SX OS?) as effective as Goldleaf? Does the SX Installer allow for installation over USB (via a GUI interface on my PC)? I think I saw a program called "nut" by blawar as an option, but haven't used that program yet. Finally, do I need sigpatches like in Atmosphere or keys like for Tinfoil?

Thank you.

Last edited by Joeli53,

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure that XEcuter has an exclusive deal for a more feature rich version of goldleaf so yea it's as effective. I just drop my games on a HDD and boot them as XCI which doesn't require installing them, however usb installation should still work. You neither need keys nor sigpatches for games to run properly.

Reactions: Joeli53

Joeli53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that XEcuter has an exclusive deal for a more feature rich version of goldleaf so yea it's as effective. I just drop my games on a HDD and boot them as XCI which doesn't require installing them, however usb installation should still work. You neither need keys nor sigpatches for games to run properly.

Perfect, thanks!

Is there a reason you're switching to SX OS? It sounds like you're doing the same things you did with Atmosphere.

By the time got around creating my own jig, my SX Pro order already shipped, haha. Now I just need to wait for it to come.

That said, I have heard that the emuNAND is more stable through SX OS, which is a big deal for me if true. Having a portable injector is also a plus for me, in case I need to shutdown away from my PC.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, thanks!

By the time got around creating my own jig, my SX Pro order already shipped, haha. Now I just need to wait for it to come.

That said, I have heard that the emuNAND is more stable through SX OS, which is a big deal for me if true. Having a portable injector is also a plus for me, in case I need to shutdown away from my PC.
emuNAND isn't more stable on SX OS, albeit it is easier to setup.

There are also cheaper USB dongles that are of a higher quality.

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So, I got Atmosphere and Goldleaf 0.5 working (I don't understand how to use Goldleaf 0.61), and was able to install NSP via a USB connection. Once my SX Pro arrives, I'll be starting over and switching over to SX OS as my primary CFW.

Is there a way to keep using Goldleaf for USB installations from my PC? Or, is the SX Installer (which I think is built-in to SX OS?) as effective as Goldleaf? Does the SX Installer allow for installation over USB (via a GUI interface on my PC)? I think I saw a program called "nut" by blawar as an option, but haven't used that program yet. Finally, do I need sigpatches like in Atmosphere or keys like for Tinfoil?

Thank you.

in my experience there are nsps that that fail to install using goldleaf and tinfoil but successfully installs via the built-in sxos installer. what is convenient for me is that games on usb drives can be directly installed by the built-in installer of sxos.

Joeli53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuNAND isn't more stable on SX OS, albeit it is easier to setup.

There are also cheaper USB dongles that are of a higher quality.

Thanks for your thoughts. Oh, I thought it was (or at least, I've seen it mentioned a few times). But I guess easier doesn't really matter at this point, since I already successfully set up a CFW, haha.

in my experience there are nsps that that fail to install using goldleaf and tinfoil but successfully installs via the built-in sxos installer. what is convenient for me is that games on usb drives can be directly installed by the built-in installer of sxos.

That's great to hear. I'm not using a USB drive specifically, but rather a USB connection to my PC, so hopefully that works just as well.

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That's great to hear. I'm not using a USB drive specifically, but rather a USB connection to my PC, so hopefully that works just as well.

I also use fluffy especially for larger games, but for small games below 4GB i usually use my usb flashdrive and connect it directly to my switch using a type c otg adapter, then browse sxos menu and inistall the games from there. sxos will automatically scan the flashdrive for installable nsp or xci

Joeli53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also use fluffy especially for larger games, but for small games below 4GB i usually use my usb flashdrive and connect it directly to my switch using a type c otg adapter, then browse sxos menu and inistall the games from there. sxos will automatically scan the flashdrive for installable nsp or xci

Great, thanks for the suggestion on fluffy. I'll give that a try if I have any issues installing over USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night