Moving files from PC to SD card through other means?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Mavsynchroid, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys. This is my first time actually doing this. I've always wanted to, but I've always gotten stuck with my firmware being too high when I went about trying to do it. However I'm in luck! My Japanese 3ds is currently on version... 7.1.0-16

I believe this means I have the ability to put CFW on it. My main goal is to be able to play MHX with the English patch. The retail game itself should be arriving by fedex/UPS tomorrow afternoon, so I was hoping to set up my japanese 3ds to be able to play it once it arrives.

However the problem I've come across is that I'm pretty sure I don't have an SD reader on my PC. So, my question is, is there another way to move files from the PC to the SD card. For example, can I put the SD card in, say, my android phone and connect THAT to the PC? Then move the files to it and then take it out and put it in the 3ds? I'm really hoping there is a way to do this, and I'd be incredibly grateful to any and all help you guys can give me. Thank you very much in advance!!