Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought Fez game for PC (released may 1st 2013), and I would like to play it on my second monitor.
Instead, it's centered on my first one and I can't move the window manually.

The game window doesn't have any title bar, nor any menu when right-clicking on it in the taskbar. (Alt+space doesn't open anything either. It's a shortcut to right-click)
Someone know how to manually force a window to move?

I'm on Windows XP SP2, in case it's important.

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried checking if your video card support software provides a "move window" feature? If you have a nVidia video card, then try using the nView Desktop Manager. It provides window moving features. Depending on how the game was programmed, it may not be compatible with moving the window or displaying on a screen other than the primary display. Another idea would be to make the second monitor the primary display and then move all of your icons and the start bar onto the now non-primary display. The nVidia software also provides this feature.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried launching the game from a link on the second monitor but it didn't work.
I tried using UltraMon's "Smart Taskbar" which can add "move to another monitor" in menu bar (but Fez doesn't have one), or in the Taskbar button.
When I select "Move to another monitor" in the taskbar, the window still stay on the first one.

I don't think it can be forced on the second one.

I don't want to mess with the monitor's order, so I guess I'll play on the first one.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is Fez set to fullscreen in Video Settings? If it is, try setting it to windowed. (I know it does not display as fullscreen)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, it was that simple !
Thank you.

The game was already displayed in windowed mode even though "full screen" was the default selected choice.
So I thought it wasn't the current mode but the one we wanted to change the display to.

I set the option to windowed and hit Enter to force it in this mode and a menu bar appeared. I can move it to the second screen.
Thanks.

note: only 1280x720 and 1900x1080 are taking the full windowed area. other mode have black bars, but it's not a problem.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finished the game completely (every room gold) and the only crash I encountered was when my controller ran out of batteries, but that seems fixed now. No other issues either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu