Moving emunand from a larger SD card to a smaller one?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by YamiZee, Nov 20, 2015.

1. YamiZee
    OP

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    I actually started with the smaller sd, and then moved all partitions to the bigger sd. Now I need to move them back with the updated emunand.

I tried various partition software that allow for backup of partitions, but since the partition emunand is on is considered "unallocated" they wont allow me to back it up.

Any sort of solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

2. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.14.1-2-zen
    Just drag and drop.

3. Marcell

Marcell Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2013
    Hungary
    The emunand "partition" (which is not a partition, it really shows up as unallocated space in the beginning of the drive) is rather small and has a fixed size, it should fit on a smaller SD card as well. The titles and data for your emunand are stored on the "normal" partition of the card in files you can simply copy manually.

Take the new SD card, prepare it for emunand using your 3DS as usual (this will be a new emunand). Then use some emunand backup/restore tool to back up the emunand of your larger SD card and restore it to the smaller SD card. Finally, simply copy over the files from the readable partition of your larger SD card to the smaller SD card.