1. clark1234

clark1234 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    **WARNING TO ALL ANYONE THINKING OF TRYING THIS**
    This also happened to me and will most likely happen to you. Look for another way to accomplish this. While I appreciate the OP's efforts, this simply does not work. Look elsewhere before you waste your time.

satel likes this.
  2. bakatrouble

bakatrouble Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Did almost that on Linux:
    1. Dumped an EmuMMC partition using dd
    2. Backed up files from FAT32 partition
    3. Reformatted a new SD card using Hekate
    4. Overwrote new EmuMMC partition with a dump
    5. Copied over files to a new FAT32 partition
    6. Repaired an EmuMMC config using Hekate

3. sillz

sillz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Wouldn't it be easier to use the NHguide and just create a fresh new emunand on the new sd card? then transfer all you homebrew / etc over to the new larger partition once completed?

4. zeroxia

zeroxia Newbie
    Newcomer

China
    Why didn't you mention that at the last, you need to use the "hekate migrate emuMMC" function to correct the setting? Otherwise I don't think it can boot?

What I have done:
    For the new SD card, turn off console, insert new SD card, inject "tegraexplorer" and do the partition.
    For the old SD card: turn off console, insert old SD card, inject "hekate" and backup NAND FOR THE emuMMC (yes, you can switch to emuMMC when doing nand dump)

On a computer, copy the (emuMMC's) nand dump to new SD card's corresponding "restore" folder.
    And copy all the normal partition (be it FAT32 or exFAT) files to new SD card's normal partition.

Now for the new SD card, turn off console, insert new SD card, inject "hekate" and restore the nand dump to the emuMMC hidden partition. (WATCH OUT: don't restore to your system eMMC)
    Then still in the hekate bootloader, use "Migrate emuMMC" to correct some setting. (emummc sector value in the emummc.ini file needs to be updated)

Then I can launch emuMMC normally, with exactly the same state as the old SD card.

Anyway, there is a tool "EmuTool - Move partition Emu on another SD, Switch Emu type on SXOS and more",
    I think just use that is okay now (search it in this forum).

5. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    i have no idea why they didn't delete this thread when the tutorial does not work !!! worst tutorial ever

guys just use EmuTool

6. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Even that thing doesn't do the trick for me. The emuMMC that it creates doesn't boot at all.

7. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    the next step is to go the Hekate settings & activate the emummc partition.

8. Brizzz8

Brizzz8 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This worked perfectly for me, thanks!

9. marlewuk

marlewuk Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Didn't work for me ... Like previous comments, no option to resize after moving partition.

I did managed to get round this by using Easeus Partition software, but it doesn't boot when tested in the console

10. rubensk8er

rubensk8er Member
    Newcomer

United States
    thank you to this i had to do the same thing copy the emmunand to a divided space on the free gb, long wait, then you have to adjust the space that was left, and after that put as primary, it just look like the preview sd card with more space, but when you inject atmosphere say no emmunand found, you have to boot hekate and put migrafe emmc and it will repair it and let you execute the atmosphere primary.bin payload. THANKS

11. PKnight

PKnight Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Well for those who are still struggling with this Tutorial like me for some days. As zeroxia mentioned and MISSING in the tutorial is that you need to edit your emummc.ini file in the /emuMMC Folder on your SD card. Because there is still the old EMUNAND address written in it. If you don't edit it, your Emunand might work but only as long you install any nsp and that address is overwritten (this is what happened to me and I didn't know why in the first place). So you need to edit the emummc.ini start sector to the right start sector where your new emunand is getting moved.

I don't know where I can find the start partition Partition Wizard but you can just use the EmuTool_v0.2.9 and select you SD card after moving the emunand to the end and it shows you the start sector like in the attached picture.

or just create a new emunand with hetake and you see the right sector but if you wonna go this way you should backup and rewrite your emunand to that partition which you can also do with EmuTool_v0.2.9. Or use any other Partition Manager which is able to show you the Star-Sector of you hidden partition. But Hetake needs to know the Start Sector of your moved Emunand.

Maybe someone can edit the Tutorial...

Attached Files:

12. NickyRay

NickyRay Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    Thanks. After following above guide, your solution saved my ass. Upgraded to 512gb card from 128gb.

13. totte131

totte131 Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    this was very helpfull. Moved my setup from a 128 to a 256 by following the instructions

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - partition, Moving, EmuMMC