Hacking Moving custom channels and .dols to SD

wii knee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf.

So, I discovered, to my chagrin, that my 6 old likes hacking, too. He decided to enter the Wii sys menu and proceded to move HBC, and other custom channels to the SD card. None of these can be moved back to the Wii system, so I have to go back and try using one of the exploits, if I don't actually want to do a Nand restore from BootMii.

ya, you knew this might be a consequence. If you didn't, now you do!

(On this note, I've tried using the SSB exploit and it hangs when I get to stage builder, will try again. shazbot)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
for the smash stack exploit to work, u need to delete any custom stages before inserting the SD card with the hacks

bannerbomb should also work for u, and u wouldn't need to delete any custom stages if u do it this way

have u tried using the homebrew channel from the sd card menu? Does it work? If so, u can just copy the hackmii installer boot.elf to sd:/apps/hackmii/boot.elf, then u'll be able to access it directly from your homebrew channel

on a personal note, u have a 6-year old? My dream of getting to know your wii knee better are destroyed
wink.gif
Seriously though, ur lucky he/she didn't try using any dangerous apps... to prevent this from happening here are some recommendations

1) use YAWMM instead of wad manager, it will prevent bonehead mistakes like deleting the system menu (and much more)

2) get categorii to organize your apps (I have a preset package HERE). Put any dangerous apps into a folder, and modify the meta.xml to password protect that homebrew folder

3) get the latest priiloader (v0.4beta, u can wait for official release if u want, but beta works fine for me). Then set up a password and block access to priiloader

4) in cfg usb loader, u can set a password to prevent deleting games and many other things, get the configurator for configurable to help u set this up.

wii knee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, tons of "thank you"s

Just logging on now and reading your replies. You and a handful of others can be counted upon to read and reply. You are saviours to the masses.

I did try running HB from the SD...no go. Can't move it back either. Could move the Internet Channel, though.

Without HB I have to reinstall.

I'll head back after work.

(btw, my 6 year old is really pretty savvy. That's the problem!)
(It's me, too trustworthy)

yoiks!

wii knee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak, man...I do thank you.

I found that the issue was two-fold (I prefer to research before asking for assistance, but I see why people just ask, I could've saved alot of time by asking you right off the hop)

1) Create a stage save to SD
2) swap out with Smash Stack .bin
3) return to game and from stage builder delete custom games (as you rightly said)
4) breath sigh of relief as exploit runs

Thanks xflak!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol