Hacking Movies help

Sharingan_619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the DSM converter for a movie and got great picture quality but the sound sounded as if it was muffled. I tried to increase the audio bit rate in the options but it stoped at 50% and said encode error. My question is, is there a better converter or how do i make the sound quality better?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DSM that plays in The M3 media software generally isn't as good as the other two formats that Moonlights software uses, as far as i've heard.
I believe it's a custom variation of DPG, as the media player is based off moonshell orginally.

So if you want better video, you'll have to try out a homebrew application like moonshell or DSMplay.

Moonshell uses the DPG format which is similar to MPEG1. it gives reasonable quality at reasonable filesizes. (70ish megs for a 30 min vid)

DSMplay uses the DSM format (Not the same DSM as m3/g6 mov player uses). This is form of motion Jpeg (i think) and produces the best quality at the sacrifice of low filesizes (100s of megabytes for the same length video)

As for audio, neither Moonshell nor DSMplay sound muffled to me, they sound fine.

joebloe738

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I am having problems with the audio on DSMplay also. Is there any chance you know where I can get a different converter?

gcstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is only one convertor for dsm files but you can also play dpg movies with the built in player you do not need to install another player like moonshell as the others have suggested.
so maybe try to encode as dpg (don't install moonshell you don't need it). If you want to convert to dsm maybe bump the audio rate up just a little and you might not get the error or increase the audio volume before converting to dsm (a lot more work though)
Also there is a new version of the m3real firmware that is meant to improve the movie player - haven't tried it yet.

I haven't heard audio problems but haven't encoded any video just download some.

I have been told that this works well - if you want to convert video formats try SUPER C. You can covert to almost anything and it supports .dpg. It may give you an error at the end but it works anyway. http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSM that plays in The M3 media software generally isn't as good as the other two formats that Moonlights software uses, as far as i've heard.
I believe it's a custom variation of DPG, as the media player is based off moonshell orginally.

So if you want better video, you'll have to try out a homebrew application like moonshell or DSMplay.

Moonshell uses the DPG format which is similar to MPEG1. it gives reasonable quality at reasonable filesizes. (70ish megs for a 30 min vid)

DSMplay uses the DSM format (Not the same DSM as m3/g6 mov player uses). This is form of motion Jpeg (i think) and produces the best quality at the sacrifice of low filesizes (100s of megabytes for the same length video)

As for audio, neither Moonshell nor DSMplay sound muffled to me, they sound fine.

I'm really new to this whole M3REal stuff and I would like to put this movie stuff to use, but I don't know what any of the acronyms mean and if you could provide links, that would be awesome!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb