I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alamo Drafthouse is an awesome movie theater chain in Austin Texas. Before every movie, they show a creative PSA telling people not to talk/text during the movie.

One stupid woman didn't follow the rules, and she got ejected. She then left a rant on AD's voice mail.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/07/mo...icemail-as-psa/

Warning: Harsh Language

[youtube]1L3eeC2lJZs[/youtube]

EDIT: Here's a clipping from the AD CEO's message...

http://cf.drafthouse.com/she_texted_we_kicked_her_out2.html

QUOTE said:
Ma'am, you may be free to text in all the other theaters in the Magnited States of America, but here at our "little crappy ass theater," you are not. Why you may ask? Well, we actually do give a f*$k.

Sincerely,

Tim League
founder/CEO
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What a little bitch. Can't read the PSA before a movie, you deserve it. Also, no movie theatre is too dark to find your seat, especially if the movie is actually playing.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Oh, Alamo Drafthouse....I love you so much. I used to go there alot when I lived in Texas. It's the only place I know where I can eat a REAL meal, not just hot dogs and nachos, and have a few beers, and watch a movie at the same time...and YES..they do throw people out for talking/texting/whatever.

They ARE strict about that, BUT...it was one of the most pleasant experiences I have ever had watching a movie.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, pricks like this don't need to be in a movie, much less than being allowed to stay. There is a reason they have the "PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR PHONES AND ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES" in big bold lettering AND voiced to EVERYONE in the theatre. She's obviously deaf, blind, and inconsiderate.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sterling said:
Sweet, pricks like this don't need to be in a movie, much less than being allowed to stay. There is a reason they have the "PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR PHONES AND ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES" in big bold lettering AND voiced to EVERYONE in the theatre. She's obviously deaf, blind, and inconsiderate.

she was probably busy texting... she didn't notice... it's her fault.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Last movie I went to see someone in the back row got a phone call in the middle of the movie and was talking none too quietly about someone they know getting out of jail on parole. I was sitting in the middle of the theater, the movie was Fast Five. FAST FIVE! Explosions! Cars! BOOM! And I could hear this guy on his phone. There is no excuse. I find this hilariously awesome that they did that with that voice mail. XD

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Dude, that's fucking awesome. I hate when there's some group of teenagers, or even adults, that feel the need to talk to each other during the damn movie. There needs to be one of these theaters around here. The closest one seems to be in Virginia. :C

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah wish it was like that here especially kick the assholes out who take their talking, screaming bastard kids in there! that's why i dont go to the cinemas anymore.
BRD is better anyway
tongue.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Win.
rofl2.gif

Bet she didn't expect them to actually use it as a PSA; that kinda backfired and it just makes her look like an idiot in front of far more people.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
deathking said:
there no difference between texting and eating popcorn , slurping soda or ruffling papers

I don't remember the last time a bag of popcorn, a cup of soda or a piece of paper shined a blinding light right in my eyes during a movie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: