Movie "The Mist" was horrible

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by deathfisaro, Nov 26, 2007.

Nov 26, 2007
  1. deathfisaro
    OP

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I felt it was a waste of 1 hour 57 minutes.

Mist everywhere! Can't see a thing! They either had too crappy CG to be shown
    There's this fucking annoying woman. I wanna punch her in the face
    Later in the movie I wanna fucking shoot her.
    The movie suddely ends in the middle. What the fuck?
    There's a fucking annoying woman that I wanna fucking make a hole in her head
    Did I mention there's a fucking annoying bitch? I think the script writer hates christians. Because if I happen to be in a situation similar to this, and someone like that turns up I'm fucking killing her before s/he gives me hell

I give it a score of 1 star. Of course it's out of 100 stars.

Don't fucking publish unfinished movie.
    I'd rather watch an Uwe Boll Movie than watch this again.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It was a Stephen King story. Yes, there was a seriously annoying woman in the book too. In the book, most of the people in the store wanted to off her too because she was so annoying.

I never saw the movie, but it wasn't a particularly good story when I read it either. It wasn't a full book by itself, it was one of his short story books that contained the story. As short as the story was, the movie should have been nearly identical to the book version, minus what the people were thinking maybe.

To be honest though, it's been so long since I read it, I don't really remember it all that well anymore. But when I saw the trailer for the movie, I thought, "What a suck story to make into a movie. He had many other short-stories that would make a better flick." "The Rage" comes to mind....and one of my personal favorites (although it might make for a kind of a boring movie) was "The Long Walk". I think both of those would make better movies myself.

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    You actually made me curious about this movie [​IMG]

If I'll have to waste some money, I'll rent this movie [​IMG]

4. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    so I'm going to watch "The Mist" in order to have some woman to be angry about? Cool, I might dl and see it with my friends just to kill some time [​IMG]

5. callmebob

Member callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Germany
    To each his own. I watched it, and thought it was fairly intense.

Maybe it didn´t have your beloved fairy tale ending, but it was, imoho, an ending to THAT story. And a cool one at that.

What would be typical Stephen King, is another 10 stories of what happened during the days the mist came.

Anyway 1 star out of 100 is cutting the film way to low. I´d give it somewhere between 75 and 80.

Definitely good enough for a rental, and if you have the cash, to watch it in the theatres. My own 2 cents!

(edit)h##p://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809834165/critic

6. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
  7. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    I renember i think i watched this movie long time ago, (it is with those pirates that appeared from the fog), if someone thing that was bad i advice th watch movie "The house of the dead" that is real bad horror hardcore.
    Or bloodrayne 2 (I didn't watch it but undead cowboys as enemies should be fun [​IMG] ).

8. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    so it wasnt like myst?

9. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    This answers the question Ive been having "Should I watch the Mist or Hitman" :wtf:

10. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I once watched a Steven King film about some demons who were "afraid" of cats which made me want to forgo anything associated with him (and I can watch bad films normally).
    Thanks for the heads up, I am sure in about 4 years time I will recall this thread after the best part of 2 hours is wasted.

11. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    you should have watched no cnountry for old men

best movie otu there now !

12. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well, since every preview and every review contain the most complete spoilers it doesn't even seem like it's worth watching. Isn't the whole point that the mist is mysterious and we don't know what the deal is about the mist? The preview literally gives all the ending away. It'd be like a preview for 6th Sense showing the fact that the guy was actually dead the whole time. Ruins the movie.

13. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I am going off topic (we are in testing so it should be OK) for a mini rant about spoilers: I have been in the US for a few months now and the TV show previews around here are ridiculous (as are the adverts: I watched the Incredibles the other night: adverts every 8 minutes (I was thankful they managed to get them on a scene change half the time) but that is a different rant). Whether it is due to my tendency to favour channel "p2p/usenet"/DVDs or not remains to be seen.

Also my friend once told me the ending/plot twist at the end of fight club, I recalled it when watching it several years later........

14. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    why is it when I think of foreigners, I think of Borat... [​IMG]

15. deathfisaro
    OP

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I don't know who Stephen King is, but you're right he can spinoff 10 movies out of this.

I particularly didn't like the ending because it suddenly randomly ended.

So there's this tentacle of creature 1. The movie uses it once and moves onto creature 2. To cover up the weak impact of creature 2, the movie brings forth creature 3. The creature 3 gets repelled and BAM! there's creature 4. And later in the movie there comes creature 5 (could have been 1 but I think it's a different one)

And suddenly, all of them die. YAY WTF?

I thought movie budget ran out so they had to stop filming and shoot the ending. Looks like Stephen ran out of either ink so he stopped writing in the middle and scribbled an ending with pencil.

You know what, the movie critics are WAY generous compared to game reviewers. My girlfriend gave Beowulf the movie 2.5/5, the game Beowulf review was 3/10.
    Anyway, this is testing area so [​IMG]

16. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    That was a big budget Hollywood film on network TV for the first time, they had to pay a shitload to get it, thus many adverts

17. platypusrme427

Member platypusrme427 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Please do not mistaken Stephen King for some random guy trying to copy off of horror movies. He is one of the most brilliant horror authors to live, and this movie is based off a short story that was featured in a collection of short stories. Not a copy off of the movie "The Fog", because Stephen King isn't brilliant enough to right about zombie pirate ghosts...... In all seriousness, this movie stays VERY close to the story, and unlike many horror films, doesn't need to use cheap scares and eary music to keep its creepy feeling.

18. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    I recommend 2 movies

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    The next Steven King film will kick ass. Eli Roth is directing an adaptation of Cell.

20. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I severely disliked that book.