Movie Player with DVD Cover option..

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by rizzod, Jan 11, 2010.

Jan 11, 2010
  1. rizzod
    OP

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
    Kinda like a wiiflow kinda thing, where you can scroll through movies... yout think this would be possible?
    let me know what you guys think?

2. soopa

Member soopa GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I dont see why not.

Just dont ask me how its done Im no coder.
    I would really like to see this happen then the kids would know what movie they want rather than resetting the movie a couple times.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    i'm sure this is possible, but even if mplayer_ce were to implement it, it would have to be up to you to provide the cover art, and rename them to match the name of your video file, and have them saved in the right location on the drive... all in all, a lot of work

my suggestion... maintain a database on your pc using a program like emdb, it can add movies + info + cover art from imdb'd database. Pick your movie using this, then just launch the title with mplayer

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i recommend a wd tv. it's a cool little device that plays 1080p/5.1 stuff from a usb drive. and its only $60. the firmware is GPL, so it is really easy to customize the little guy. i got mine set up with my network so it plays media from my pc with a samba share. it also shows imdb info and box art.

no, it isn't quite as sexy as wiiflow. but it is 1080p. i will gladly trade in the coverflow crap for the ability to play blueray rips from my pc.

5. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    And I would gladly trade the coverflow for my ps3 and its ability to play 1080p.