moveing HD from 360 elite to 360 Arcade.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by greasy, Jan 28, 2010.

Jan 28, 2010
  1. greasy

Newcomer greasy Member

Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    At my mother in laws and she and the kids were playing Indiana Jones 2 and she got the RRoD. We deciede to get her a new Xbox so I thought I would pick up an Arcade and Move the hard drive from the orginal to this one.

I picked up the arcade updated it ot NXE and the moved the HD from the Elite to the Arcade. The Aracde detects it but no profiles are listed and the save games are not found. Then I load IJ2 and select load it asks which device and I select Hard Drive, it then stats no save game found.

How to I go about getting my save games wokring with the new console. This system in not on Live if that maters.

2. LittleJonny -Tea

Newcomer LittleJonny -Tea Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I have seen this issue a few times before. Random profiles simply apear to be missing. It seems to have something to do with the security pairing of the HDD to the 360. If you place the HDD on a different console (try an older dash revision) then usually it will show up your profile (it's hidden, not missing), from there you can copy it to a memory card and use that. The fix is not ideal but generally works.