Hacking Move to bigger SD (YAMT - SD2Vita)

pacmankillers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, to all GBAtemp users, I have a PS Vita with YAMT Plugin activated, actually I want to upgrade my SD to a bigger but I dont know what to do.

I know that YAMT uses a TexFAT format so my new SD need formated to that filesystem, the question is how to do it if my actual SD is installed?

Anyone can help me, please? Thanks for support.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, to all GBAtemp users, I have a PS Vita with YAMT Plugin activated, actually I want to upgrade my SD to a bigger but I dont know what to do.

I know that YAMT uses a TexFAT format so my new SD need formated to that filesystem, the question is how to do it if my actual SD is installed?

Anyone can help me, please? Thanks for support.
@pacmankillers ,copy all the contents of your sd2vita on the pc(activating hidden system files),format the new sd in extfat and then copy all the contents on the new sd(don't delete it from pc))and put it in the PS Vita.

Reactions: pacmankillers

pacmankillers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@pacmankillers ,copy all the contents of your sd2vita on the pc(activating hidden system files),format the new sd in extfat and then copy all the contents on the new sd(don't delete it from pc))and put it in the PS Vita.
Thanks for support, I found a way to do this with YAMT as SD2Vita Driver:

1. In Vita Settings > Devices > Storage Devices, change ux0 TO Memory Card or Internal Storage if is the case and uma0 to SD2Vita, restart PS Vita, all your SD content can will desapear from vita, don´t worry, power off the vita and extract the SD

2. Copy all the contents of your actual-old sd2vita on the pc (activating hidden system files on Windows folder config) ¡THIS IS IMPORTANT!

3. Without formatting the new SD put in the PS Vita and power on, go to Vita Settings > Devices > Storage Devices> Developers options > "TexFAT formal GC-SD's storage" (The screen will pause for a moment, and then you're good), Exit the
Settings, reboot your device.

4. If all was good, go to Vitashell and verify that uma0 had the size of your new SD card, if yes, go to Settings > Devices > Storage Devices and change ux0 to SD2Vita and Uma0 to Memory card or internal storage, now exit from settings and turn off the Vita.

5. Extract the new SD and connect to pc, restore/copy the data that you backup from old SD, when the transfer finished put back the new SD in the Vita and turn on.

6. And thats all, your games and apps from old SD are in the new SD, now will show in home menu. To verify check with Vitashell the storage of ux0, now will had the SD size, press START to bring up the settings menu, and set the "USB devíce" option to "sd2vita".

Notes: No need to restore database or change anymore, if the vitashell doesn,t show the size of the SD maybe the backup is not complete this can happen when some files are hidding from the system, please do the step 2 with attention and priority.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1