Move ROMS from Sandisk SD to Samsung SD?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Pecrow, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Hi,

I have a 64gb Sandisk SD card (exFAT) which I used for 3ds roms on my New 3ds XL - Using Gateway. It works perfectly. I bought a new 128gb Samsung evo SD card and I tried copying all of my 3dz files from the 64gb sd to the 128gb sd (both exFAT) but when I try to launch games from gateway on my 3ds Only a few appear w/ the image icon and the rest appear blank.

I tried to point Gateway Rom Patcher v1.1 to one of the Roms on the 128GB and it said invalid ROM. I remembered that when I modified the header on the 3ds roms and changed them to the 3dz format it detected the chip ID (sandisk SD) and it made a few changes. I assumed that I needed to do this as well with the Samsung card. So i grabbed again a fresh rom from my PC and when trying to use "auto-detect" chip ID on the gateway rom patcher it says. "New Chip ID Generated. Manufacturer can't be verified, and it still shows the manufacturer as SanDisk I try to choose from the dropdown but Samsung is not listed.

Is there a process that I am missing here?

Thank you in advance for the help.

2. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I think I might of received a FAKE Samsung SD card... dang, I am testing with H2testw right now, will update back shortly.

====ugh====

95% complete - 0 min 11 sec remaining
    Memory tested in blocks of 25600 sectors.

BAD MEMORY from sector 32833404 (16,031.9355MiB) to sector 262132604 (127,994.4355Mib)

WARNING: no memory detected at one or more locations.
    Test took 3501 seconds.

*** FAILED ***

DEVICE HAS DUPLICATE OR BAD BLOCKS!

Recommended maximum usable partition size: 16,019.4355Mib (approx. Last good Sector=32833404)

Last edited by Pecrow, Jul 10, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice