airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to do this with out buying anything or just using my micro sd card? I just felt like playing Pokemon Crystal on my phone....

airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
It would probably be helpful to know what kind of phone you have.

Oh, sorry I'm using Verizon, and I have a Motorola V710.

Xcalibur said:
Use your data cable.

I don't have one
frown.gif

Salamantis said:
If it has Bluetooth then use that.

How do I do that?

QUOTE(awdofgum @ May 4 2008, 05:04 PM) Well for starters, you could look for a microSD slot in your phone?
And it should be pretty simple from there.

Don't know hot to get the emulator on my phone using my microSD
frown.gif

It has bluetooth, how do I actually get the file on my phone?

QUOTE(awdofgum @ May 4 2008, 05:07 PM)
http://wap.mobile9.com/

You could text 215041 to http://wap.mobile9.com/

Can't text after my parents discovered I'm a "texting demon" T_T

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Find a good converter that can convert the media format of the movie you want to convert to the 3gp format. Why the 3gp format you ask? I did a lot of researching on the subject and went through alot of trial and error until I found a media format I was satisfied with. 3gp is supported by most cell phones and offer decent video quality and sound for the size of the file. I was able to convert a full 1-2 hour movie to around 30-100 megabytes.

For example, I was able to convert the entire Simpsons movie to high quality (For a mobile phone) 3gp in about 40 megabytes.

Heres a good, free converter if you need one:
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

Other great Video Converters are Movavi VideoSuite, Total Video Converter and Cheetah Video Converter.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

you think you can actually do something useful like playing pokemon with a verizon phone? verizon doesn't even let you set your own custom ringtones!

sorry. i have a verizon phone. i hate them.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Find a good converter that can convert the media format of the movie you want to convert to the 3gp format. Why the 3gp format you ask? I did a lot of researching on the subject and went through alot of trial and error until I found a media format I was satisfied with. 3gp is supported by most cell phones and offer decent video quality and sound for the size of the file. I was able to convert a full 1-2 hour movie to around 30-100 megabytes.

For example, I was able to convert the entire Simpsons movie to high quality (For a mobile phone) 3gp in about 40 megabytes.

Other great Video Converters are Movavi VideoSuite, Total Video Converter and Cheetah Video Converter.
Why would you even consider watching video on such a comically small screen?

airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

you think you can actually do something useful like playing pokemon with a verizon phone? verizon doesn't even let you set your own custom ringtones!

wow, bummer... though i did get some downloaded ringtones on my phone with the microsd card. So, to my understanding, because of Verizon's limitations, there is no way to play emulators on my phone without buying something, right?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
Linkiboy said:
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

wow, bummer... though i did get some downloaded ringtones on my phone with the microsd card. So, to my understanding, because of Verizon's limitations, there is no way to play emulators on my phone without buying something, right?

Actually, you can never get any custom app, or any emulator at all. Not just because Verizon is a greedy bastard, but because their handsets only have BREW java, not the J2SE(?) Java that everyone except Verizon uses.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Verizon is working on unlocking its phones to allow phones from other carriers to work on its network as well as having newer phones support BREW and J2ME (Java 2 Mobile Edition). It even surprised me.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Narin said:

There are people in the world who get eye strains from large, far away displays(ie... average distance from a TV to couch) and not from small close up ones.

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no way you're going to do anything with a Verizon phone. Only thing you can do is use bitpim to get custom ringtones, and that's about as far as hacks go for Verizon...

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Narin said:

Actually, the screen on my phone has a decent size display and has a nice resolution. While its not my first platform of choice in watching media, it does the job when nothing else is available.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
link459 said:
There's no way you're going to do anything with a Verizon phone. Only thing you can do is use bitpim to get custom ringtones, and that's about as far as hacks go for Verizon...

""In early 2008, the company will publish the technical standards the development community will need to design products to interface with the Verizon Wireless network. Any device that meets the minimum technical standard will be activated on the network. Devices will be tested and approved in a $20 million state-of-the-art testing lab which received an additional investment this year to gear up for the anticipated new demand. Any application the customer chooses will be allowed on these devices.""
http://news.vzw.com/news/2007/11/pr2007-11-27.html

Basicly Verizon is opening its networks to allow any phone (Even Non BREW phones and phones they don't sell) to work on their network. Also they are opening their phones as well and lifting restrictions off of them. It may not be perfect, but its a start.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Actually, the screen on my phone has a decent size display and has a nice resolution. While its not my first platform of choice in watching media, it does the job when nothing else is available.
I was referring to OP's phone.

Personally, my main cell is an iPhone (3.5" screen) and I can't really stand to watch anything more than short clips on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night