Hacking Question Move emunand partition to new sd card?

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,

I have question since I ordered 512gb Samsung EVO Plus... How to transfer emunand (partition on sd) and content of sd card to new card?

Thanks for reply.

chrisisx

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
user win32diskimager to copy your whole memory card to your new memory card. Then use EaseUS partition master to claim the missing space on your new memory card.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that method actually work? I want to move my current emunand to a new 512GB card. Thanks.

user win32diskimager to copy your whole memory card to your new memory card. Then use EaseUS partition master to claim the missing space on your new memory card.

Yes, win32diskimager clones your current sd card to the new as an exact copy. The extra space is blank unallocated space, with EaseUS you can extend the user sd card partition to the remaining space

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yes, win32diskimager clones your current sd card to the new as an exact copy. The extra space is blank unallocated space, with EaseUS you can extend the user sd card partition to the remaining space

Thanks, in my case it was slightly more complicated because exfat volumes can't be resized. I did manage to get it working though.

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thanks, in my case it was slightly more complicated because exfat volumes can't be resized. I did manage to get it working though.
Don't use exfat, format it to FAT32 or you'll have high chance get your SD corrupted.
And I remember EaseUs Partition Master can copy your whole SD or just a specific SD partition to a new SD, you don't need win32disk imager (yes I've done it 1-2 months ago for my emunand SD)

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Don't use exfat, format it to FAT32 or you'll have high chance get your SD corrupted.
And I remember EaseUs Partition Master can copy your whole SD or just a specific SD partition to a new SD, you don't need win32disk imager (yes I've done it 1-2 months ago for my emunand SD)

The problem is that I use SXOS and a lot of the XCI files are larger than 4GB. I've never touched ReiNX or Atmosphere.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone posted a new tool for helping with this the other day, it's on here somewhere. One option that I did though was to clone the card, then off move everything off the exfat partition to my pc, reformat it to a resizable fs (ie ntfs), then extend it to take up the unused space, and then convert it back to exfat and then everything back over

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The problem is that I use SXOS and a lot of the XCI files are larger than 4GB. I've never touched ReiNX or Atmosphere.

Move all your files from the exfat to your PC, convert the partition to ntfs, extend it to take up the unused space, convert back to exfat, move files back

Reactions: BloodRose

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Someone posted a new tool for helping with this the other day, it's on here somewhere. One option that I did though was to clone the card, then off move everything off the exfat partition to my pc, reformat it to a resizable fs (ie ntfs), then extend it to take up the unused space, and then convert it back to exfat and then everything back over

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Move all your files from the exfat to your PC, convert the partition to ntfs, extend it to take up the unused space, convert back to exfat, move files back

Yes, I think that solution is better than mine. I deleted the exfat partition, created a new fat32 one to start after the hidden emunand LBA and then reformatted the new one back to exfat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs