Movable touch screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Stormingsoul, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Stormingsoul
    OP

Stormingsoul Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2006
    Netherlands
    Hey everybody

I've got a movable touch screen in the lower right corner, when i apply pressure with my stylus over there, the screen goes down and makes a cracking noise, it's because of the space on the left i guess of the touchscreen

Are there more people with this problem? And did anyone fix it on his own

2. KMC

KMC Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2007
    United States
    Miami, Florida
    You've probably been tapping your DS too hard. I'd say it's too worn down for a repair. You have to either remove and replace or call Bintendo.

3. Stormingsoul
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2006
    Netherlands
    ........Well tapping to hard?
    I never ''tapped'', and it was this since i got it, it just seems to be placed wrong because there is a whole gap on the side between the touch screen and the body of the nds..i can stick a 3folded paper in it

4. Albertoil

Albertoil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere in Nowhere.
  5. Stormingsoul
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2006
    Netherlands
    Holy...!??!

You mean i have to replace the touch screen...with a new one?

6. Albertoil

Albertoil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere in Nowhere.
    nope.. I've posted it for in case you want to replace the whole thing

7. KMC

KMC Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2007
    United States
    Miami, Florida
    Can you get a pic? That would help.

8. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    If it's new, take it back to the store for a replacement. If it isn't new enough for that, send it to Nintendo for a replacement. If it's out of warranty, fix it yourself.

9. Darkspark

Darkspark GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2006
    No way. I got the same problem on my first DS Lite. Luckily I noticed it the day I got it and promptly got it replaced in-store.
    when using the stylus normally there is an annoying creaking sound. I could live with it moving a little, but the creaking just screams future structual integrity problems.

Its probably down to the corner not being glued down properly. The unit I have now, has solid corners on all sides. No creaking, however hard I press down with astylus./

10. gamermole

gamermole Banned

Banned
    May 12, 2007
    damn i also have this problem im not sure howlong ive had it for though [​IMG]

sometimes when i press and not too hard it goes all wobbly and blue/purple like when you press on an lcd monitor

11. Darkspark

Darkspark GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2006
    That effect is probably from the touch screen film touching the actual display. Nothing to worry about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice