Mouse spins out of control

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Fudge, Dec 18, 2011.

Dec 18, 2011

Mouse spins out of control by Fudge at 9:54 PM (752 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Fudge
    OP

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    When I play FPS games I my new laptop, every 5-10 minutes the mouse will look up and spin like crazy. I've tried 3 different games (COD4, MW2, and Hard Reset), 2 different mice, and tried disabling my touchpad while playing. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I had this happen to me in fullscreen games before, but once I got a gaming-specific laser mouse (laser tracking isn't exactly the same as ordinary optical tracking) and made sure the DPI was set to a low setting, I never had a problem. Also, I went from Wireless to Wired.
    Mouse DPI determines the accuracy of fine movement and I have no idea if it has anything to do with your actual problem,

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/34693

I also got a new mousepad that was less reflective. I had a mousepad I really liked because it let me slide a photograph into it but it was too reflective for gaming mice to work properly.

3. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
  4. Bently

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Is it sort of unresponsive? or is it just like a sudden mouse spin?

If it's the first, perhaps it may be your framerate, if it's the latter have you tried using a mouse pad? I find that whenever I play an fps without a mouse pad it usually just spins my mouse up making my view look up.

Sometimes it just may be the mice's problem. What kind of mice are you using? (Cord, wireless, etc.?).