Mouse issues

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Rock Raiyu, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    My mouse has become way too sensitive. If I click once, it double clicks and that gets annoying cause when I click a window, it opens and closes it, or keeps resizing it. It does a whole mess of other things and its getting rather annoying. Can someone help me?

2. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    You tried the mouse options in the configuration menu yet? What model is it? Maybe you can play around with the software that was provided with it.

3. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    I haven't messed with any configurations regarding my mouse. And I don't know if this mouse came with any software.

4. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    How old is your mouse? It sounds like the button's worn out. Happened to mine in December, I'd had it for about 5 years, cleaning it out helped as a temporary fix but the problem came back after a few months. [​IMG]

5. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    My mouse is quite new.

6. jacensday

jacensday Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2008
    United States
    Is it a PS/2 or USB mouse? If it's USB, you can try re-installing your drivers. If it's PS/2, I would try going to the mouse options in the Control Panel and lengthening the double click time all the way. If neither of those work, you could just have a faulty mouse that needs to be replaced. It's not that uncommon for a microswitch to break, even on fairly new mice.

EDIT: I meant lengthening. Silly me.

7. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    That did it. It was a PS/2 mouse. I turned it down and now it works alot better. Thanks.

8. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Open it up, there must be dust stuck.