Android Motorola's brand new Moto G4 is going for as little as $125 on Amazon--with a catch

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motorola just launched two new budget phones: the Moto G4 and G4 Plus, both with pretty killer specs for the price. However, you can pick up the G4 with $75 of savings at checkout, provided you are a Prime member. It even works if you sign up for the free trial, but Amazon might charge you if you cancel without continuing past the trial.

There is a catch though--these phones are "Prime Exclusive" phones that come with ads on the Lockscreen, similar to other Amazon devices. However, it's possible to delete the ads and other Amazon bloatware through a certain zip file and RSD Lite, no bootloader unlock or root required (although you can do that too, for free!).

I myself am highly considering picking one up for my mom, she recently got a Samsung phone but she isn't satisfied with it. She doesn't care too much about performance either, so it should be perfect.

So what do you guys think, convinced yet?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much all the reviews are saying don't buy it, its not a good phone
I've only seen one review, which was some dumb guy saying the performance sucked, but all other reviews I've read say its a good value.
Can it play Pokemon GO?
Yes, although Pokémon GO is pretty poorly optimized, so it will lag, but after a few updates it'll be good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.