Motion Plus not detected on 3 of 4 wiimotes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by requiem_mortis, Aug 22, 2010.

1. requiem_mortis
    OP

requiem_mortis Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2009
    Hi,

I have a 3rd party wii motion plus accessory that is not recognised by 3 of my 4 Wii motes, it works perfectly on the 4th so I suspect there is a problem with the connector.

I've had a good look at the male connector and it seems one of the central pins is a little sunken whe compared to my other motion plus, should I attempt to lift it, has anyone experienced this type of issue and know of a good method of adjusting the 'pins'.

2. requiem_mortis
    OP

requiem_mortis Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2009
    Update

Lifted the sunken pin with a needle and stuffed a tiny bit of paper under the plate to keep it raised.

NO EFFECT what so ever. Still only works with one of my 4 wiimotes. Checked out the female part of the connectors and the working Wiimote has a very minor difference in the size of the accepting contacts, they appear to be a little slimmer.

So looks like I'm stuck with a permanent pairing between the wiimote and motionplus ! All the other units I have seem to be completely interchangeable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice