Motion Plus not detected on 3 of 4 wiimotes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by requiem_mortis, Aug 22, 2010.

Aug 22, 2010
  1. requiem_mortis
    OP

Newcomer requiem_mortis Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have a 3rd party wii motion plus accessory that is not recognised by 3 of my 4 Wii motes, it works perfectly on the 4th so I suspect there is a problem with the connector.

I've had a good look at the male connector and it seems one of the central pins is a little sunken whe compared to my other motion plus, should I attempt to lift it, has anyone experienced this type of issue and know of a good method of adjusting the 'pins'.

2. requiem_mortis
    OP

Newcomer requiem_mortis Member

United Kingdom
    Update

Lifted the sunken pin with a needle and stuffed a tiny bit of paper under the plate to keep it raised.

NO EFFECT what so ever. Still only works with one of my 4 wiimotes. Checked out the female part of the connectors and the working Wiimote has a very minor difference in the size of the accepting contacts, they appear to be a little slimmer.

So looks like I'm stuck with a permanent pairing between the wiimote and motionplus ! All the other units I have seem to be completely interchangeable.