Gaming Motherboard help

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 767
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok so I got a asus sabertooth x58 today. Installed everything did a test run out of the case and it worked fine. But put it in to the case add the power button to the motherboard I push the power button on the case and all the lights on the motherboard flash for a quick second and then there is no power to the board anymore. No matter what I do I can't get power to the boardthe light does not come on which is located on the motherboard. Confused because it worked before but not now. Should I returnthe mobo?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you either scratched the back of the mobo on a standoff when you put it in, or you forgot to attach something...

fixed a rig a coworker was building that had a similar issue, though not the same. Do you have the 4(+4) CPU power cable plugged in from the PSU? Usually located to the top left of the CPU bracket, and you would put in a 4 pin connector that may or may not need/have a 4 pin breakoff.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes I did. Actually I think the board uses 8. But gonna exchange it tomorrow and well see what happens.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Double-check that there's nothing that might cause a short circuit on the motherboard. Call ASUS customer support to see if they have any specific advice. If that doesn't work, you may have to return either your motherboard or your PSU as dead on arrival. As far as I can think, only those 2 parts explain this kind of power failure.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have read about this many many times before, with various Mobo's. - google something like : "motherboard works out of case but not in"

Board works out of case .. but not in. Always iv'e seen such complaints, i bet my money its on a short circuit somehwere, especially if you have a PSU that is amodular with wires that are sticking around all over the place

This HAS happened to me before, as in it PC would boot fine first, but shutdown and try turning on, and i get a bootloop - lights go on, everything seems to be fine then it shuts down

I simply fix this my turning off the PSU from the back power button - if there is no power button, remove the power cord and wait a bit for the capcitators to fully discharge - about 20 seconds should do the trick.

I also hear rumors about using non-grounded power sockets that can cause static on some cases. In addition i have heard many complaints from the I/O shield causing grounding issues with the mobo tray and thus ultimately causing this - makes sense for out of case you wouldnt have installed the I/O plate at all. Anyway, mind providing a FULL list of your hardware ? - Even case model and especially your PSU.

Try that, it's worth a shot, also try taking the mobo out of the case and testing it again.

Basically if i were you try it again out of case, if it still doesn't work then just RMA the thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)