Emulation Mother 3 won't run

ZeroShift0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting ready for the Mother 3 patch, and my EZ Flash IV (for the DS phat) won't work.

When I run it from the R4 it will show the "Gameboy" logo and freeze.

But if I run it without the R4, It says "PSRAM is not enough" IIRC.

Is there something I forgot?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZ-IV only has 16MB of RAM, so 32MB games like Mother 3 have to be flashed to NOR before you can play them. I think you do this by highlighting the game and pressing select, but I'm not sure about that (I've never actually used an EZ-IV).

ZeroShift0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I did that it said that it was deleting, then writing about 256 MB. But It still says the same message after when I try to play it.

xdf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeroShift: After you wrote it to your NOR did you go back to the root of your sd card and load the rom from there? Youre not loading the old one from before you copied to NOR are you?

I have an EZ Flash 4. Not tried the game unpatched but can confirm it works fine with the patch if you copy the game to NOR... (the patch is out now by the way!!
gbasp.gif
)

(not sure if it makes a difference but i patched the rom with 1.04 of the ez flash 4 software with save patch ticked and the firmware im using is the custom one that resets the gba before running the rom)

ZeroShift0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

Well, the original Japanese Mother 3 works fine, but when I try write the translated version to NOR, it shows a huge collection of weird files. (I hope it's clear enough to see)

DSC00322.jpg

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
put gba exp loader .57 on your slot1 (dldi patch it if you must).
put the gba rom on your slot 1.
put your 3-in-1 into slot 2

turn on your ds, load up gba exp loader
press R to change modes until you find NOR mode (its green, i think...)
highlight the gba rom, press A to erase nor and flash over the rom (takes 3-5 minutes).
press X to launch the game from nor

from now on you can just run the slot2 kit as if it was a real gba kit, booting it from the ds firmware will boot whats in nor.

now duno if you needed all that so sorry if you didn't. if your rom is showing issues you might have patched a bad dump or an already patched rom. the japanese rom has a crc value of 42AC9CB9, the patched rom has a crc value of D7A5322D.

that really is as much as i can help you as sharing rom sites isn't allowed here, and if you PM'ed me i wouldn't tell you!

-another world

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xdf said:
ZeroShift: After you wrote it to your NOR did you go back to the root of your sd card and load the rom from there? Youre not loading the old one from before you copied to NOR are you?

I have an EZ Flash 4. Not tried the game unpatched but can confirm it works fine with the patch if you copy the game to NOR... (the patch is out now by the way!!
gbasp.gif
)

(not sure if it makes a difference but i patched the rom with 1.04 of the ez flash 4 software with save patch ticked and the firmware im using is the custom one that resets the gba before running the rom)

do you have an ezflash 4 lite? i tried using rudolph's gba exploader but it wont load properly when i try to boot it up. any advice on how to run this game on the ezflash 4 lite?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.