Mother 3 V 1.2 not working on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Master Dimentio, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Master Dimentio
    OP

Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    Hi. So recently I installed a CIA file of Mother 3 onto my 3DS hoping to get to play this game on the go. It's the fan translated version 1.2. However whenever I try to boot the game itself it gives me that an error has occurred please turn off the power message.

I'm not exactly sure why it won't work. Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong or do I just need to play it using a 3DS GBA emulator?

2. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    If your NANDS are unlinked then you need to install the cia to both sysnand and emunand. If linked then you only install it to emunand. BTW the game runs good on gpsp using retroatch gba emulator so you could use that so you won't have to worry about installing it.

Last edited by cvskid, Apr 20, 2016
  3. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    all so if your useing rxtools just lonch it in sys and if its in emunand yeah install on both and you need a gbabios pach that you install with fbi

4. Master Dimentio
    OP

Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    I went through the A9LH Tutorial so my NANDS are unlinked. I tried installing it to the NANDS but it didn't work.

5. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    are you useing rx tools?