Mother 3 to be the last ever GBA game released?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by caffolote, Oct 12, 2008.

Oct 12, 2008
  1. caffolote
    OP

Member caffolote GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, since it's already technically released in Japan, the English version is coming out in a week or two, so that still counts as a seperate release. Anyways, what are your thoughts on Mother 3 being the last ever GBA game released, at least unofficially?

2. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    If that's the case, then the translation patch is being released in a couple weeks, not the game... It will not count as a release in any site like GBATemp. It's just a patch that will be distributed, not a pre-patched ROM.

PS: That is, of course, if you're talking about this.

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Yeah, it's a patch, not a game!

It's not licensed by Nintendo or anything, just a group of guys doing the translation patch.

4. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I think it's a proper end to the GBA's life cycle. I'm glad it's going out with a bang instead of a whimper. [​IMG]

5. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    Again, it's not the last game being released. It's a patch. And anyone can start a patch for any game whenever he wants... saying it's the last GBA to ever be released is lying, plain and simple... At least, it will be the last game to get a patch to date. We do not know how the future will unfold...

6. cupajoe

United States
    Okay. We get it, it's not the last GBA release. It was already stated in two posts above. Sheesh, stop trying to correct him and actually try to somewhat have a discussion about it.

7. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    He was correcting you, not the OP.

It isn't the end to the GBA's life cycle, not as long as new patches for other games could be released.

8. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Do other GBA games even need patching?

9. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    It's a translation patch, the original Mother 3 is in Japanese and this patch translates the game into English.

10. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    If you get it, why do you keep saying it's the last GBA game to be released? Stop trying to confuse everyone: you will not find Mother 3 in English in your local game store. If you insist on posting false info, I will insist on correcting you, get over it.

11. cupajoe

United States
    "I think it's a proper end to the GBA's life cycle. I'm glad it's going out with a bang instead of a whimper."

Where did I say that It's the last GBA game released?

12. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    It's not the end of GBA's life!!
    If there's any game that could be counted as the end of GBA, it would be Yggdra Union..
    But this guys are trying to say that GBA isn't dead yet.....and that this patch surely isn't the last to come!!

13. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    @cupajoe38: You highlighted the sentence where caffolote said it was the last GBA game being released, thus leading me to believe that you were actually agreeing with him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you quote someone, mark some of his original message and answer to that part of the text... it seems that you are agreeing with him. I may be wrong, though.

PS: Yes, this patch is outstanding and deserves a whole front-page announcemente when it's released. But patches are patches and releases are releases... Besides, it's not that people have started working on this patch just yesterday. It has taken them months of hard work to get to the point in which they are now [​IMG]

14. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    This will be the most complete patch EVER made outside the game companies... even though it's not a true game release, this does deserve a VERY special note somewhere...

the team almost rewrote the entire ROM... this isn't just a sloppy change japanese to english patch... over the last 2 1/2 - 3 years they've completely changed everything to make it look like a true Nintendo patch...

I just hope that GBATemp puts something up when this extraordinary feat is complete!

15. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    A notice on the front page that the patch is done would be nice

16. neveras

Member neveras GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I am not knocking the work they're doing in the patch, as it is quite spectacular, but there's a good couple other patches out there you cannot call sloppy language changes.
    There are a few SNES games that have needed years and years of work and coding. To call it the most complete patch ever is just spitting in the eye of alot of other great
    works out there.

17. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    A translation patch can't be more or less "complete" than another. The game is either completely translated or it isn't.

18. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I would point out Tales of Innocence translation, by team Absolute Zero...also two guys working on a translation, but very very detailed, they are making complete translation, and even subtitling cut-scenes!! Pretty much impressive as well..

19. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I would like to say that people are still working on NES/SNES/etc game patches here and there. So it probably will not be the last gba thing will ever see.... But, it still is a great accomplishment:)

20. Drift Monkey

Newcomer Drift Monkey Advanced Member

United States
    Mother 3 FTW!