Mother 3 - Save Issue On 3in1

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by MicShadow, Nov 10, 2008.

Nov 10, 2008

Mother 3 - Save Issue On 3in1 by MicShadow at 3:46 AM (2,039 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MicShadow
    OP

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well heres the problem

I have correctly patched Mother 3 with the translation, and have uploaded it to my 3in1 with ExpLoader 0.57

Wouldnt save in game, so I thought ill just SRAM patch it with GBATA.

It then would save, but once i turned it off, its gone. ExpLoader reports no save, or any indication a save was ever made (Keeps asking to setup the 3in1 for its own use)

Also tried the IPS patch on the Mother 3 Translation, but then the DS refuses to boot the game. It just freezes on the Game Boy logo screen.

It works in VBA-M flawlessly.

Is there any way to fix this? Plleeeaasssee I want to play mother 3 [​IMG]

EDIT: Is there a possibility of the 3in1 being broken? Becasue GBALdr refuses to load , saying 'prototype test failed'

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    The battery is most likely dead. You either need to replace the battery which requires soldering or get a new 3 in 1.

To see if its a bettery problem, please try a couple other GBA games and see if they so experience save problems as well. If so, then you need a new battery (They sell for 4-5$ at Radioshack) or a new 3 in 1.

The battery is a Henli Max 3v CZYF - CR1220. I suggest getting one that has pins on it to make soldering the battery in a lot easier.
    [​IMG]

A = 14.0 mm
    B = 2.0 mm
    C = ~6.0 mm
    D = 3.5 mm
    [​IMG]

3. MicShadow
    OP

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah, just tested some other games, and it looks like the battery is dead. Both Breath Of Fire games refused to make a new game,(possibly saving game when pressing end/exit on new game creation)
    and Final Fantasy 6 refuses to load the save menu. It sucks

Ah well thank you Narin, you have always helped me and others out very well, ill just get my electro technology teacher to get the battery and help solder it on [​IMG]

Thanks again

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    good information, i will add it to a battery replacement guide by the end of the month, should include much.

information by region other than US would be helpful. like where to get replacements would be helpful as I ammend info.

Any US source is already available to me.

5. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Almost any 3 volt battery will work. You can get some batteries that have twice the capcity of the battery that comes with the EZ 3 in 1. The only limit is size and that it must be 3 volts. So you can get them at most electronic shops and such. The information I posted above is the actual battery the 3 in 1 uses and is a safe bet to use as a replacement battery.

6. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Could it be that the battery is not dead but just loose?
    My EZIV battery came a bit loose and I had to resolder it into place.
    Just open up the 3 in 1 and check that the little metal strip going over the battery is connected properly to the PCB.