Hacking Mother 3 on the VBA GX 1.0.3

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Can't wait. In fact, I'll build a SVN right now to see if the fix is in there.
Be right back.

EDIT: Here's SVN. Don't know if it will work.
http://rapidshare.com/files/155584108/vbagx_wii.dol.html

Thanks man, I'll try it out... I thought you meant something else when you said SVN

EDIT: I'm pretty sure tjhat .dol is for the saves folder...I'm probably wrong though...

Ya, it didn't fix anything:-p

Drift Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platypus222 said:
Hey everybody. I'm having the same problem, but I looked into it on the forum for the developer of the emulator. Tantric, the guy behind it all, says that he has all of the saving problems for Mother 3 fixed for the next release of VBA GX. TehSkeen.com

Just thought you guys might want you know.
Cool stuff. Anyone else having issues with VBA GX saving prefs? Mine is still not working.

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drift Monkey said:
Platypus222 said:
Hey everybody. I'm having the same problem, but I looked into it on the forum for the developer of the emulator. Tantric, the guy behind it all, says that he has all of the saving problems for Mother 3 fixed for the next release of VBA GX. TehSkeen.com

Cool stuff. Anyone else having issues with VBA GX saving prefs? Mine is still not working.

Mine's working, but wasn't earlier. I forget what I did wrong, but re-check your folders?

Drift Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Drift Monkey said:
Platypus222 said:

Mine's working, but wasn't earlier. I forget what I did wrong, but re-check your folders?
The 'roms' and 'saves' folders are in the root under the vbagx folder. Strange thing is...there is no .xml or .prf file under 'saves.'

I figured it out, I'm an IDIOT and the SD was locked, not allowing me to write anything new to the card. Will be trying again.
blush.gif

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drift Monkey said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Drift Monkey said:
Platypus222 said:

The 'roms' and 'saves' folders are in the root under the vbagx folder. Strange thing is...there is no .xml or .prf file under 'saves.'

I figured it out, I'm an IDIOT and the SD was locked, not allowing me to write anything new to the card. Will be trying again.
blush.gif

I hate when that happens. I fall for it every time...

Drift Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, prefs work now (duh), but I am still only able to load this .SAV file. I am able to save over it in-game, but rebooting the emulator causes it to revert back to the downloaded .sav. I'm sure it has to do with the .sav file sizes (64k vs. 128k) so I guess I'll just patiently wait for Tantric to release the next VBA GX.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, still no temporary fix right? We're going to have to wait for the new release?

Off-topic, I think it's so much better playing this game on your tv than the little GBA screen. It looks and plays perfectly on the Wii(except for this save bug). So I think the wait for the next VBA GX release to be able to save in the game is worth it.

And Fat Slaughter, not sure what your problem is. Mine is the full rom(not trimmed), translation patched, and 7zipped, and it loads just fine. Perhaps you got a screwy rom? Try grabbing it from somewhere else.

pris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey, quick question - I've been playing through Mother 3 on VBA-M on my Mac. Is there any way to use my save file with VBA GX?

Platypus222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this is a note to anyone who had been using the Snapshots (states) to save in VGA GX 1.0.3 but would like to play on 1.0.4 -- You can continue your game just fine, but you have to do a few things to get your file to work. I wrote this all up on the developer's forum (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread....43276#post43276) and I hope that this will help out some people!

Oh, and kflester, you should be able to use your save if you transfer the ROM (.gba) and save (.sav) files to your SD card in the proper directories. I haven't used VBA-M on the Mac, but assuming it works like it should, it should work just fine if you do this. Sidenote -- I like your name. Tales of Phantasia was an awesome game and, in fact, my only other experience with a fan-translated game.

--Platypus Man

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the game is still not saving for me in 1.0.4. I still get the Unable to Save when I talk to a frog.

What am I doing differently than you guys? Perhaps my old snapshots are interferring with something? I'm unable to get to my computer right now so I can't open my SD.

Hmmm...

EDIT: Nevermind...I turned Auto Load off(as mentioned by Tantric) and it saves beautifully now. It's so nice to be able to have the actual game saves work now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.