Mother 3 - Japanese Savegame on English Translated Rom

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Jakemon, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Jakemon
    OP

Jakemon Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    United States
    gofuckyourself, us
    I played a bit through Mother 3 in Japanese. I downloaded the translation, and applied it to the rom, upon loading the save, the names are all screwed up.

I know this is because the names were under the old japanese format or whatever. Any idea if it's possible to convert them into English somehow? I tried opening the japanese save file in a hex editor but I didn't get anywhere.

2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
  3. Jakemon
    OP

Jakemon Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    United States
    gofuckyourself, us
    Seeing how I didn't even download the savegame editor, and I didn't know one existed, I couldn't have read the readme.

I played the game in Japanese, then used the Japanese sav on the english patched rom.

But now that I see that there actually is an editor, thanks for the link.

4. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    For fuck's sake, I'm talking about the readme for the translation. Get smart before you get smart.

5. Scorpin200

Scorpin200 Iceman

Banned
    Jan 14, 2006
    United States
    Maryland
    How do you sav this on this game? if it doesn't let you do that then the rom is worthless, because when i try to sav it says some error. Also you can't use the realtime sav either, so what the hell.