Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
m3head.jpg

"What's the perfect companion to the new Mother 3 English-language translation? Why, this unofficial Mother 3 handbook. It's a guide. Made by fans (Fangamer & Starmen). It's a Mother 3 book. It's a work of art. There's professional printing, there are over 200 pages, and there are even clay model replicas of the game's characters sprinkled throughout for colour. Amazing. The book will be released free online next year, but at $20, the tangible product seems a much better investment."

Kotaku
Mother 3 Handbook Site

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ohmy.gif

This looks fantastic...amazing......I'll get that for sure!!

Thanks War for the link and info...I'd miss it otherwise..

EDIT: I just downloaded that free 1st chapter...and it's more amazing than I thought.....

You should all really check it out....what they managed to do is really on a professional level and with unbelievable quality..

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, it looks amazingly good! I really want to buy it, but I think it's even more amazing that they're offering it for free by next year (as a .pdf, I'm sure)

Hopefully I can get a PayPal account by the end of the year and buy one of these. I haven't read the first chapter, but the guide looks very proffesional.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They look really cool!
smile.gif

I plan on getting one, as you get the cool little action figurines and I know I'll be playing this game for years.
gbasp.gif

It looks a bit tiny in the pictures, hopefully it'll be a nice size.
Also, they're only 20 dollars so you can't go very wrong.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I just ended pre-ordering this myself, its an awesome handbook. From the looks of the preview, its very well made and they put a lot of work into it. I recommend it for any Mother 3 fan.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don't doubt this is awesome (the sample chapter is incredible!), what happens if/when Nintendo hits them with a cease and desist? Sure, I'd bet the downloadable version is safe, but an actual book being sold? I hope they have lawyers they can call.

Yeah, I know unauthorized guides have come out in the past, they even used to have them in stores, but unless I'm mistaken, it was Nintendo going sue crazy on unauthorized pokeymans guides that put an end to that.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even if it does get banned, it'll get redistributed round the internet like crazy (once it's released for free). It'll be pretty hard to squish then.

Anwho, this looks awesome, and I'm loving how it looks. However, I wouldn't count myself enough of a Mother 3 fan to get it.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tbgtbg said:
While I don't doubt this is awesome (the sample chapter is incredible!), what happens if/when Nintendo hits them with a cease and desist? Sure, I'd bet the downloadable version is safe, but an actual book being sold? I hope they have lawyers they can call.

Yeah, I know unauthorized guides have come out in the past, they even used to have them in stores, but unless I'm mistaken, it was Nintendo going sue crazy on unauthorized pokeymans guides that put an end to that.
They'd get hit with a C&D for this and not the translation? ;P

Nintendo doesn't care about Mother that much.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
The site says it's free on the Internet after distribution of the book, but there's something about a hardcover handbook with a new strategy guide smell that I can't really miss out on.

-wishlist'd-

crescentsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lunarist.com
XP
Country
[ PREORDERED ]

Now I'll just have to wait till January o.O

and BTW I dont think this is C&D material since they created the whole book from scratch - even the pictures are created by the fans.

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The world is now seeing just how crazy mother/earthbound fans really are
biggrin.gif

I will order one of these once there is a solid release date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs