Moster Hunter 3 coming to Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by deathfisaro, Oct 10, 2007.

Oct 10, 2007
  1. deathfisaro
    OP

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    At the Nintendo Conference 2007 Fall, Capcom has just announced, minutes ago, that Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) is coming to Wii.

Capcom's been saying the development of MH3 on PS3 is going very smooth, and now suddenly announced on Wii.
    It is unknown at this point if this means PS3 is not getting MH3 at all, or will be multi-platform. Capcom has announced MH3 exclusively for Wii.

MH series receives extreme ends of feedbacks, people who love it play for 800+ hours, people who don't can easily give up in less than 3 hours. AFAIK MH series never really got good reviews in Western world, but doesn't mean there are no fans here [​IMG]

[title:Edit:]
    I posted on Wii board instead of user submitted news just so that I can swear at Capcom for LIES FREAKING LIES they did to fans, but I'm getting a Wii anyway (either from GBATemp (if he decides to sell it) or Craigslist), there's really no reason for me to get pissed off, so this post ended up pretty clean =P

2. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Never played monster hunter but i'll give it a try [​IMG]

3. deathfisaro
    OP

Canada
    If you've never played one, there's over 50% chance you'll say "WTF?" and never look back. But if you fall under the other half, good luck keeping your life intact, try to limit playing time to 12 hours a day [​IMG]

4. Gitaroo

Member Gitaroo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    sucks that I cant play it with next gen graphics and better online system than on wii, but atleast I wont have to buy it [​IMG]

5. deathfisaro
    OP

Canada
    That, I'm kinda glad. Didn't look like it's gonna come out for 360 anyway (Since MH is very Japanese sales dependant franchise and 360 sales in Japan is.. uhh) So i was prepared to buy it for PS3, now I don't have to, beh =P

6. NiGHtS

Member NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    cool!

Although I'm getting a bit bored of MH2F though...

7. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    This is so frickin' awesome, 2008 really is going to be Nintendo's year. Seems like they just keep drawing everyone's attention to their console [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mooyah

Member mooyah GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The game's going to sell bajillions in Japan seeing as they're crazy for Monster Hunter over there. I've only played a bit of MH1 but its cool to see another traditional gamer's game on the Wii.

9. xbandaidx

Member xbandaidx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I cant wait to see how much better the game will look on the Wii, since we can only see the old PS2 screenshots now (it never came over here for release, version 2?)

Anyways, Im kind of hearing the same thing about it being a 50/50 game. you either like it or you don't

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i've put over 200 hours in monster hunter for the ps2 and i can't wait to get my hands on monster hunter 3, this game is very underrated, it was shame the sequal never was released in america and europe though.

11. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    That's a punch in the stomach for Sony..

12. xbandaidx

United States
    More like their balls. That had to hurt seriously...Sony needs everything they can get now, and Nintendo is like some big leech stealing away everything from it. haha

13. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Didn't Capcom say at one point that they were going to make the PS3 their main console for games? Or are they just riding on the wave of the Wii's success and just serving up half baked games without much effort put into them to make a quick buck? Oh who cares. One more game for me to try out if I get a Wiikey, play for 10 minutes and then put back into a CD wallet. Oh as if that doesn't happen to any of you.

14. xbandaidx

United States
    Rather cocky attitude you have. I actually play all the games I get, I don't put it in and play for 8 minutes and go "ok durrr. time to put it in my cd case" I only download the ones im interested in. There are a few underrated games such as Crash of the Titans that is actually pretty damn fun on the Wii.

15. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I never paid attention to MH3 being on the PS3 and never bothered to see if it was even announced for it. Instead, I always imagined Monster Hunter on the Wii. This is awesome news! This is a game you can actually spend 200+ hours on by yourself. I hear quite a few people get frustrated with a part of the game though(which is why it's probably a love it or hate it game) But this is also disappointing imagining how the PS3 version would have been with all of its power.

16. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    That's what I thought when I downloaded the MH2F ISO, and after a few hours... It's got its moments. Pretty good game.
    MH3 looks beautiful from what the screenshots (if they're not bullshots) say, I'd definitely be tempted by it.
    Oh, and LOL at people who think a company who released the same game FIVE TIMES (hint : it begins with "Street" and ends with "fighter II") and is about to release it for the SIXTH time with minor additions, is any kind of thrustworthy.

Now, if Konami would kick kojima in the head and force him to water down MGS4 graphically... [​IMG]

17. deathfisaro
    OP

Canada
    Well SNK is still releasing King Of Fighters 98 something edition. Uh, that's a decade ago, the title turns me down VERY MUCH. Why the hell would I play a remake of game that came out a decade ago when the franchise spews out every year? I mean, Final Fantasy doesn't come out every year and each has its unique side, but KOF series come out every year with minor additions and now they went back to dig up '98 (more like a collection of all KOFs prior to 98 but no difference)

18. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Your point? We're bashing capcom here (well, I'm not, but you get my drift), but if you want, we can start spewing shit about every video game maker, that'll be fun :/

19. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    That would seriously suck, and I don't see why anyone would want that to happen [​IMG]

20. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    yes indeed, it's one of those games you either love, or hate, i'm very certain it will be the same for this game as it was for monster hunter on the ps2, i'm guess i will play it more than 200 hours XD but i do agree that at times finding parts of the armour is very frustrating because some parts are very rare to find, for example a rathalos plate is the most hardest item to find in the game (only 1% chance of finding it) i had to kill 1000's of rathalos to find just 3 XD just imagine how long it took for me to get a rathalos + full armour and there are 7 pieces of armour in total... but wearing this armour shows how good you are in the game so i was getting a lot of positive comments from other online users about my armour [​IMG]

but eventually after killing so many rathalos it became so easy and i was killing them in seconds... with dual swords (and head locking) i'm very proud of that [​IMG] also you cannot beat this game or get armour pieces alone, you HAVE to team up with people or you will get nowhere, you will need all the help you can get with this game.

man, i'm seriously getting hyped up for this game now [​IMG] oh and i have never played monster hunter 2 due to the whole game being in japanese, monster hunter G was a very difficult game to play in japanese so that's why i never played monster hunter 2.

i never owned a PSP so i haven't played the portable versions either, but bring on monster hunter 3 [​IMG]