Hacking Most repairs to DS lite

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave my DS lite to my now 5 and a half year old son about 18 months ago. Admittedly there were some cracks in the case hinges when I gave it to him. The current repair list since stands at:

2x complete shells - both replaced due to the right hand hinge breaking off completely.
1x touch screen - replaced as the original would no longer calibrate.
1x touch screen ribbon cable connector - the original broke when replacing the touch screen so I installed a modified version which is a lot stronger and easier to use.
grog.gif

goku^100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did u guys replace the parts yourself? I need my DS to be repair too! My hinge on the DS is cracked!
frown.gif
I am afraid i might do something to mess it up even more tho
unsure.gif

pcmanrules

Trophies
Website
pcmanrules.geek.nz
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've opened up both my DS and DS Lite and neither to much success.

On my DS Phat:

I opened it up to replace the shell except when i put it all back together again the screens just blink and go off. Any ideas?

And my DS Lite

I opened it up to replace the touch screen (forgot screen protectors in the first weeks) and when i put it back together the top screen was dull and had small blinking lines? Would replace it but i really don't want to try my hand at soldiering.

I'm getting a DSi this weekend hopefully, so I might try to repair them at some point.

So:
0x repairs
1x broken DS Phat
1x half broken DS Lite

I think I might be out of the running
wink2.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pcmanrules said:

On my DS Phat:

I opened it up to replace the shell except when i put it all back together again the screens just blink and go off. Any ideas?
sounds like you accidently grounded the pc board with the metal frame of one of the displays when re-assembling the system and blew either the F1 and/or F2 fuse(s).

QUOTE(pcmanrules @ Nov 24 2009, 10:23 PM) And my DS Lite
I opened it up to replace the touch screen (forgot screen protectors in the first weeks) and when i put it back together the top screen was dull and had small blinking lines? Would replace it but i really don't want to try my hand at soldiering.
this sounds like the ribbon cable for the upper display got crushed and/or slightly torn.

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
pcmanrules said:

On my DS Phat:

And my DS Lite

I'm getting a DSi this weekend hopefully, so I might try to repair them at some point.

So:
0x repairs
1x broken DS Phat
1x half broken DS Lite

I think I might be out of the running
wink2.gif

this is so funny! I want give you medal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi