Most Popular Online FPS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by DjFIL, Aug 27, 2010.

Aug 27, 2010

Most Popular Online FPS? by DjFIL at 2:47 AM (4,309 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. DjFIL
    OP

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    My buddy just picked up a Wii and I modded it for him. He's a fan of the FPS and wants to play them online. We just tried COD:MWR online and largest game we got was 6 (3v3). Is this the most popular FPS w/ online on the Wii, or does something out there see more action online?

Thanks.

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Hm...playing FPS on Wii is like using PS3 to play interactive games. It's not the Wii's best traits, and I don't think you'll find more than that.

MW shines on PC and HD-consoles. As much as I am a fan of the Wii, we have to give other platforms due credit.

3. DjFIL
    OP

Canada
    Yes we all understand that. I actually prefer Wii for FPS aiming over PS3/360... but PC is best for FPS. But this request is due to my friend only has a Wii for video game console (picked by the wife), and PC isn't powerful enough for modern shooters. So just want to find something to fill the void. And I know other FPS with online exist on the Wii and just wonder if they get more players, like Conduit or MOH:Heroes 2? Also Greg Hastings Paintball 2, another Call of Duty and 007: Goldeneye are coming in near future, and could also be fun online.

On another note, we are now finding 10 player (maximum) matches in COD:MWR.

4. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Modern Warfare Reflex was by far the most popular FPS at the time of it's launch and well into this year. Sadly it has slowed down considerably but all will be good again once Black Ops comes out! I run a clan that's bread and butter is the Call of Duty games and there are many looking forward to the next Call of Duty game on Wii.

FYI, there are about 800,000 online accounts for MWR (a liitle less than WAW on Wii) but as I said it has slowed down drastically in the last couple of months!

5. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    What is your clan? I would like to join. I play both MWR and WaW, and I will play Black Ops once is released.
    EDIT: 600th post [​IMG]

6. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You certainly can join but my clan is based in Australia thus most players are from Down Under which means lag when playing with them.

We do have a couple of Americans so it's upto you.

7. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    GBATemp clan finally died, I almost cried. As for the topic, COD:MWR is currently the best and most popular FPSMO for the wii... until Black Ops comes out.

8. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex is by far the most popular right now, but like already mentioned, Call of Duty: Black Ops will likely surpass that upon release.

9. Aman27deep

Member Aman27deep GBAtemp Fan

India
    Hmm i didn't know there were so few online shooters for the Wii.

10. DjFIL
    OP

Canada
    Thank you everyone for the straight forward answers. We'll stick with COD:MWR for now and look forward to the upcoming ones too, especially GoldenEye (ah N64 memories).

11. Joktan

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the conduit has insane online.12 players online.i can find around anytime i try and on friday nights i can start at ten at night and play till 2 in the morning with a full round the whole time.

12. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    COD: MWR for sure is the most active FPS on Wii.

I never fail to get a game (unless i'm a party a 5, then it can take a while sometimes).

13. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    medal of honour heroes to is still alive. I can regulary wait for a slot in a 32 player game but it does completely die at night time.

14. ibis_87

Member ibis_87 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    Yeah, Reflex is one hell of the online shooter. By the way, it walks flawlessly even with average Internet Connection - no lags, very smooth.

15. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    MW:R is the most popular online FPS by far on the Wii.
    The Conduit comes second place to MW:R.

16. MasterPenguin

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Referring to your PC... It may not be strong enough for modern shooters, so you can go back a decade. Counter Strike is over a decade old, so chances are you will be able to run it.. I hope? ;D. The game, at times, has more people playing it then MW2 does. (A game that's a decade old competing with a brand new game, hah). It has to be one of the best FPS games you can buy, and it's dirt cheap.

Who needs modern games? [​IMG]

17. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Counterstrike: Source is only six years old, not many people play the original Counterstrike.

Still, thing is that computers may be the "be all, end all" of consoles and are superior in most ways but not everyone is gonna pay $1000+ for a good gaming computer plus the cost of games and what not (although Steam sales help). May as well get a console that's 1/5th the price and get plenty of similar games.

18. MasterPenguin

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Through the entire post I was only referring to Counter Strike, and saying not many people play it is insanity. I'm going to take the live stats right from the STEAM Stats Page (Where both CS & MW2 for PC are forced to play.) Here it is as this post is being written:

Counter Strike Source: 14,315 *Quick edit, I threw in CSS for you. [​IMG]*
    Counter-Strike: 13,584
    MW2: 6,588

....Clearly people don't play Counter Strike. [​IMG]. Luckily, it doesn't take a $1000 to play Counter Strike. (Recall I'm referring to 1.6, not Source, which came out in 1999, over a decade ago.) If you got your computer in the last decade, chances are you won't even need to buy another computer.. But simply a $10 game... Which I don't feel like making a fraction - sorry.

19. chesterx

Newcomer chesterx Newbie

United States
    Counter strike 1.6 is a tough fps.Good luk hope ur under 20 or are a very good shot.This game goe's back a while and has many people that hak or servers that can turn on-off cheats.Many people have also been playing quite a while i.e. holes in map ie thru doors wallls etc.Overall very good game but prepare fpr abuse there.You will die often and quickly ; The best overall platform can be built for $300 is a pc.If u google and buy smart.My first pc i built i bought all parts put together and pined to the wall to save money lasted for 3 yrs.Consoles with all ther sales can't do that or shouldn't anyway.Google and build [​IMG]

20. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    Err..... what? Top 3 are:
    67,088 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
    64,681 Counter-Strike: Source
    59,760 Counter-Strike

I don't get how at any point in the day there would only be 6.5k on MW2 multiplayer. [​IMG]