Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most overrated huh?

I'll probably get some flak for this, but I'd have to say Halo 3.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but no where near what the hype made it out to be. It's just the same game with a few prettier effects and a few additions. Nothing groundbreaking. Still a good game to most people though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno about Assassins Creed as it had mixed reviews but definitely Halo 3, it was a good game and the multiplayer will last until the next one but its nothing special.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Halo 3 by far. I'll probably be flamed for this. However, it is my opinion either way.

Halo 1 was a true science fiction masterpiece. Absolute must-own for all owners of Xbox, Xbox 360, or a relatively modern Windows PC worldwide. Regardless of genre interest.

Halo 2 was meh. Worth renting, but didn't have that hard to describe "spark" great games do.

Halo 3 is outright terrible. Poor level layouts. Horrid jaggies when upscaled. Boring multiplayer, the act of firing a weapon just didn't satisfy like it should. I find even barber shops more enjoyable than this garbage.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to have to say Halo 3 as well. It's sad to say but even after waiting for 5 hours in the freezing cold to get it, it couldn't stop me from trading it in at my local Blockbuster for CoD 4.

I NEVER trade in games. I stopped doing that a while back when I realized that after trading in a PS One, a GBA, and about 45 games between both to get a GC on launch day that trading in items is akin to being violated by someone you just met. However, being that playing Halo 3 just wasn't doing it for me, the 52 bucks I received as credit made me feel much better.

Fitzy

NoSoulX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Crysis for PC. Kills every computer there is.
rofl2.gif

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree Halo 3. Can we please just label all Halo games as the most overrated games of all time!! They all plain suck and as an adult who loves FPS games I was shocked to find that in the 1st game, the terrible aliens who were going to kill me mere fluffy cute things shouting "o no" and hiding if I pointed a gun at them. And the thing that people raved about, using cars etc in a fps - take a look a C&C renegade it did it years before and was way better. Halo the game series is way over hyped, it put me off buying the 1st xbox and the newest made me ashamed to be a 360 owner...

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well i'm not a FPS fan but i'm a big RPG fan so imo the most overrated game was FFXII i hated that game so much specially the gay looking hero & i didn't like the gameplay a bit in that game.

that's why i'll stick with my DQ it's way better than FF.
the main problem in FF that they concentrate in graphic more than gameplay nowadays & also FF have the gayest looking hero's I've ever seen in RPG's imo the last good FF was FF7 IN PS1 after that the gameplay went way down tho i like the DS FF's they have a good gameplay & FF4 looks promising.

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be a shock jock...Super Mario Galaxy!!! NO JK b4 you flame me. Uh I hate 2 jump on the bandwagon but really Halo 3 hype was awful. Overyhyped 100% I also think Metroid was also. Very barren for a FPS...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
well i'm not a FPS fan but i'm a big RPG fan so imo the most overrated game was FFXII i hated that game so much specially the gay looking hero & i didn't like the gameplay a bit in that game.

that's why i'll stick with my DQ it's way better than FF.
the main problem in FF that they concentrate in graphic more than gameplay nowadays & also FF have the gayest looking hero's I've ever seen in RPG's imo the last good FF was FF7 IN PS1 after that the gameplay went way down tho i like the DS FF's they have a good gameplay & FF4 looks promising.

I hated FFXII too, before I played it that is, and it is a pretty good game, and the battle system is sweet. Story is lacking a bit.

Last good FF, depending on how you define "good". FF7 wasn't even that good, 9 kicked it's ass.

/rant

Halo 3, Crysis, Assassins Creed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2